Flowergirl31
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Is an 18yr old with refugee status who came to the UK in Nov 2018 eligible for funding for Undergrad. Dentistry degree, please? Need urgent advice before submitting UCAS form today!
Thanks 🙏
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Flowergirl31)
Is an 18yr old with refugee status who came to the UK in Nov 2018 eligible for funding for Undergrad. Dentistry degree, please? Need urgent advice before submitting UCAS form today!
Thanks 🙏
Hi there, refugees are eligible to apply.

Our guidance states:
"If the student holds Refugee status or is the family member of a Refugee, they do not need to have been ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom in the 3 years preceding the first day of the first academic year of their course. Therefore, we would not ask these students for further evidence of their status or residency during this 3 year period.

They will be eligible for support if they fall under any of the following categories:

A student that has been granted refugee status in their own right; or
A spouse or civil partner of a refugee; or
A child or step-child of a refugee.
The student will also need to have been ordinarily resident in England on the first day of the first academic year of their course"

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (51)
65.38%
I don't have everything I need (27)
34.62%

Watched Threads