friends drifting apart before leaving school

Watch
mango35
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I'm in my last year of secondary school so there is a year until my friends and I leave for uni/college etc but I feel like I am losing my friends already. We hardly meet up/ text (mostly due to covid) but also because I get we all have different things going on in our lives so people drift apart. I text them but one of them never replies and it's usually me who starts conversations. can anyone give advice because I feel quite sad that I am losing my friends whom I've known since we were young and that I have so many fun memories of.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mango35)
Hey, I'm in my last year of secondary school so there is a year until my friends and I leave for uni/college etc but I feel like I am losing my friends already. We hardly meet up/ text (mostly due to covid) but also because I get we all have different things going on in our lives so people drift apart. I text them but one of them never replies and it's usually me who starts conversations. can anyone give advice because I feel quite sad that I am losing my friends whom I've known since we were young and that I have so many fun memories of.
the truth is that you probably won't see many of them in the future! Pick the few that you really want to keep in touch with and make a consistent regular effort to touch base with them ! If you don't then, by the time you are 21 you won't be friends with any of them!
mango35
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mgi)
the truth is that you probably won't see many of them in the future! Pick the few that you really want to keep in touch with and make a consistent regular effort to touch base with them ! If you don't then, by the time you are 21 you won't be friends with any of them!
thank you! I have managed to make plans with some of them
ashtolga23
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm finding it hard to stay in contact with many people at the minute, excluding my boyfriend really. The only person I've consistently been speaking to other than him is my best friend, and it's even been tough and sporadic with her; I think the one thing that stops us losing touch completely is video calls, when we get a chance to fill each other in on what's happening and have a proper catch-up, so I'd recommend trying to schedule them fairly regularly.

Another good conversation starter is popping up to people's stories on Snapchat and Instagram. You'd be surprised how much you can get out of that.

It's difficult when you feel like you're the only one making an effort, and I'd usually say that it's a bit unfair, but the current climate is incredibly strange so I think we all just have to try our best right now.

Don't give up yet.
mango35
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ashton23)
I'm finding it hard to stay in contact with many people at the minute, excluding my boyfriend really. The only person I've consistently been speaking to other than him is my best friend, and it's even been tough and sporadic with her; I think the one thing that stops us losing touch completely is video calls, when we get a chance to fill each other in on what's happening and have a proper catch-up, so I'd recommend trying to schedule them fairly regularly.

Another good conversation starter is popping up to people's stories on Snapchat and Instagram. You'd be surprised how much you can get out of that.

It's difficult when you feel like you're the only one making an effort, and I'd usually say that it's a bit unfair, but the current climate is incredibly strange so I think we all just have to try our best right now.

Don't give up yet.
hey, thanks for your reply. Those are great ideas, I will try them out I get what you mean about it being difficult right now, I need to remind myself that everyone is coping differently. There's still a little while till we all leave so I will just have to make the most of it! I hope things improve for you too
ashtolga23
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mango35)
hey, thanks for your reply. Those are great ideas, I will try them out I get what you mean about it being difficult right now, I need to remind myself that everyone is coping differently. There's still a little while till we all leave so I will just have to make the most of it! I hope things improve for you too
No worries! I hope they work for you.

Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (652)
41.11%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (323)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise