The Student Room Group

student finance taking long

hi im still waiting for my student finance application to be approved. everytime i call they say another 17days until it will be approved. my uni is going to withdraw from the course on the 26th October, even though i have tried to explain to them that its not my fault student finance are tsking soooo long. my course started on the 14th September I submitted my studrnt finance application on the 20th August. called student finance yesturdsy again and the said it won't be approved until 9th November...what should I do??
Original post by Sept24
hi im still waiting for my student finance application to be approved. everytime i call they say another 17days until it will be approved. my uni is going to withdraw from the course on the 26th October, even though i have tried to explain to them that its not my fault student finance are tsking soooo long. my course started on the 14th September I submitted my studrnt finance application on the 20th August. called student finance yesturdsy again and the said it won't be approved until 9th November...what should I do??

Get a named person or a communication from the uni saying they are going to withdraw you on X date and forward it to a named person at SFE.
Get a named person from SFE confirming they are processing and it will be 17 days and forward that to fees at the uni, so they can talk to each other. I highly doubt they will withdraw you if you provide proof it is coming.

The deadline for student finance to be approved in time for a Sept start in 2020 was 22 May 2020, so your application was late.
Original post by Sept24

same here. they are so annoying
Reply 3
Sounds like your only option is to re-apply properly next year, you must of left your student finance application to the last minute so now you can't really study this year unless you pay out your pocket
Hiya. I'm still waiting on my student finance too. but tbh my university have been really good about the situation and I contacted the revenue team in my university and they basically told me that if I get a letter about overdue fees, I can just email them and tell them I still haven't had my money yet. Do you have a revenue team in your university that you could contact?
what university are you in if you don't mind me asking 😁
Reply 5
hey I'm going to arden university. when did you submit your application? I'm going to contact student support team and ask

thanks

I have a assignment due next week Friday so it will be such a shame and a waste of time if they with draw me from the course
Reply 6
Original post by mma_jd
Sounds like your only option is to re-apply properly next year, you must of left your student finance application to the last minute so now you can't really study this year unless you pay out your pocket

You would normally get away with it .SFE only really takes about 6 weeks to process.Tigger is right I doubt they will withdraw you from the course if you can prove funding is coming.
ive had issues with student finance for a while now. but i think its is finally gettng sorted now, i submitted my aplication pretty late, late august i think. did they say you had to cover any fees if they withdrew you, or are they just gonna withdraw you?
Reply 8
oh ok no they didn't mention anything about covering fees. They said they are going to start the withdrawal process on the 26th October....
Reply 9
Original post by Sept24

omg me too!! it really sucks! student finance is really taking the piss. I'm literally in the same situation as you. Regardless of having times I've called them, all them say the exact same thing and don't actually check the progress of my application. They've said to me that mine is going to get processed on the 15th October but when I checked my account two days ago, there was nothing - literally just the same screen with no new update. What's going on with them? Like I even explained to them before that I need my finance so I can pay for my rent + for the uni but all they say is "we're sorry, there's nothing we can do about it. Keep checking your account for updates." I'm like b**** where? where is the my f*cking money? bruh....

If I'm being honest, I don't think there's anything we can do. It's not our fault that they are taking so long. I guess we should contact our unis again and ask them if they can financially support us just up until we get our finance hopefully. I heard that unis can actually support you. you'd just have to contact the university's student services and tell them your situation.
Is there a revenue team or a support service within the university that you could contact to talk to? I contacted my revenue team at my university and then seemed very supportive. would there possibly be someone to cover your fees just untill you get your money through? I would just keep phoning the SLC and just keep telling them your situation and the fact that the university are pretty much kicking you out on the 26th. I find it horrible they have done this to you and for your university to treat you like that and withdraw you is awful. at the end of the day, it isn't your fault and it is just a situation you have found yourself in. those are all the suggestions I have sorry.
Is there any other things you have done to try to sort out your situation or are you just contastantly calling sf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending