The Student Room Group

Do you think Adam Johnson should be given a 2nd chance?

I think he should because he worked so hard to get to where he was, he served his time in prison and I think he should be given a 2nd chance.
(edited 3 years ago)
Second chance for what? Didnt he get released from prison last year? Too old to have a football career now I expect if that is what you mean.
Reply 2
Original post by Zerforax
Second chance for what? Didnt he get released from prison last year? Too old to have a football career now I expect if that is what you mean.

He could get a job for sky sports with Gary Neville and Jamie Carager
No I don't think so. He was not some 17 year old but was 26 and a married man when he committed the offences.
Original post by Podium5
He could get a job for sky sports with Gary Neville and Jamie Carager

And what exactly would be the merit for getting the job?

Anyway I think he was smart enough to invest a lot with his early career earnings so I think he's sitting pretty comfortable.
Reply 5
And what exactly would be the merit for getting the job?

Anyway I think he was smart enough to invest a lot with his early career earnings so I think he's sitting pretty comfortable.

Think he invested quite a bit in early learning.

If he had any common sense he'll never have to work another day in his life.

It is much easier to make money when you already have money.
Original post by sr90
If he had any common sense he'll never have to work another day in his life.

It is much easier to make money when you already have money.

I guess a lot of players waste a lot of money while earning in their career?
I guess a lot of players waste a lot of money while earning in their career?

Of course. Think of how many 18 year olds piss away their student loan because they don't know any better, it must be so much worse if they are a footballer and they've just got a new 50k a week contract. I can't comment on what Johnson specifically was like at that age, but I doubt you'll find many 18 year olds in any profession with their head screwed on and planning for the future.
Original post by Podium5
I think he should because he worked so hard to get to where he was, he served his time in prison and I think he should be given a 2nd chance.

The question rather is: who would give him a second chance as professional football player? the train has left the station, he didn't train for so many years at this level to think of a comeback seriously.
Original post by Kallisto
The question rather is: who would give him a second chance as professional football player? the train has left the station, he didn't train for so many years at this level to think of a comeback seriously.

Professional football players will meet children as part of their community work. So if you would not be acceptable as a teacher, youth worker or teaching assistant, you should be unable to be a professional footballer. He is a sex offender.
Original post by barnetlad
Professional football players will meet children as part of their community work. So if you would not be acceptable as a teacher, youth worker or teaching assistant, you should be unable to be a professional footballer. He is a sex offender.

That is the other side of the medal, the reputation. Two reasons why being a professional footballer is not an option anylonger for him.
No. He gets no sympathy from me

Quick Reply

Latest