vybedar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Who else has applied for dentistry at University of Liverpool 2021 entry?
lucysmiles
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
me
sajalf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
when does Liverpool uni start giving out interview offers?
dentistry2021!
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I got my interview offer today.
vybedar
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Eloise012)
I got my interview offer today.
congrats!! what are your stats if you dont mind me asking
dentistry2021!
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
They weren’t too good actually....GCSEs 9888876666UCAT Band 1 average of 650 Predicted AAA
Last edited by dentistry2021!; 8 months ago
dentistry2021!
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
And then I did 2 weeks work experience in NHS/ private practice. Over a year of volunteering in a children’s home with children with severe learning difficulties. And a weeks work experience at a home for people with dementia.
vybedar
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
They weren’t too good actually....GCSEs 9888876666UCAT Band 1650Predicted AAA
That’s good, I got an interview invite today too
dentistry2021!
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Well done 👍👍
Clara**222
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Do you mind me asking if that is a contextual offer?
junedfile
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Does anyone know when we'll receive what time our interviews are?
dentistry2021!
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Clara**222)
Do you mind me asking if that is a contextual offer?
hi no it wasn't.
dentistry2021!
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by junedfile)
Does anyone know when we'll receive what time our interviews are?
no idea, i think they said they would contact us shortly before but mines not too
far away
Clara**222
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hi no it wasn't.
Thank you Eloise. I am stalking this board for my daughter who has decided to try for dentistry next year. She has similar GCSEs to you, predicted AAA and (I expect) would (with effort) achieve a similar UKCAT. It is really hard to work out whether she has a realistic chance or not. I think that once you have an interview then all candidates have an equal chance (based on their interview) so I suppose getting an interview is the thing to focus on. Any help or opinions gratefully received!
N2846
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, with the interview questionnaire, are people basically repeating the stuff they wrote in their personal statements?
dentistry2021!
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yeah maybe adding a little detail as you don’t always get a chance to expand on a lot in your personal statement due to the word count.
dentistry2021!
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Clara**222)
Thank you Eloise. I am stalking this board for my daughter who has decided to try for dentistry next year. She has similar GCSEs to you, predicted AAA and (I expect) would (with effort) achieve a similar UKCAT. It is really hard to work out whether she has a realistic chance or not. I think that once you have an interview then all candidates have an equal chance (based on their interview) so I suppose getting an interview is the thing to focus on. Any help or opinions gratefully received!
I think if she has similar GCSEs to me (usually they look for 6 to 7 grades at level 7’s or above) and achieves a good UCAT then of course she would have a realistic chance. You just have to be strategic where you apply to. So if she doesn’t do too well in her UCAT then don’t apply somewhere that heavily focus on that in the admissions process. Also as a tip I think preparing for the UCAT takes a lot longer than expected so start as early as possible even just doing 15 mins a day. Also a great personal statement is important too!
ClaraZ1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think if she has similar GCSEs to me (usually they look for 6 to 7 grades at level 7’s or above) and achieves a good UCAT then of course she would have a realistic chance. You just have to be strategic where you apply to. So if she doesn’t do too well in her UCAT then don’t apply somewhere that heavily focus on that in the admissions process. Also as a tip I think preparing for the UCAT takes a lot longer than expected so start as early as possible even just doing 15 mins a day. Also a great personal statement is important too!
Thank you- she will have to focus on getting that good Ukcat score like you have! Thank you for the info!
studentls246
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
has anyone done the interview yet
leenamughal111
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
how is everyone prepping for the interview?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
8.16%
I need help researching courses (4)
8.16%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
6.12%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
48.98%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (10)
20.41%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.04%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
6.12%

Watched Threads