samiyaa10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey guys I'm doing my eps on cannabis and the medical uses of it can you guys help me on what to research about please. really stressfulll!!!!
DynamoAlchemyst
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lowkey, go on wikipedia and find bare stuff about it and get some general initial research done around the topic
emma543
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by samiyaa10)
hey guys I'm doing my eps on cannabis and the medical uses of it can you guys help me on what to research about please. really stressfulll!!!!
Firstly- what is your question? As at the mo if you are just saying 'medical uses' that is way too broad! You want something more like 'To what is cannabis an effective treatment for schizophrenia?'

Once you have devised a suitable title- then you can begin with your research.

I asked myself lots of sub-questions to the main one, for example.
1) What is cannabis?
2) Is there any evidence to suggest cannabis can treat schizophrenia? (use google scholar)
3) What does cannabis do to the brain? Neurotransmitters etc
4) Other than the brain, what other parts of the body do cannabis effect?
5) Is cannabis been successful in the treatment of any other disorders? If so what and why?
6) Would cannabis be better used conjunctively with something else? If so what?
7) What is the disorder you are researching e.g. schizophrenia? What are the causes of this disorder- how can cannabis help with these causes?

These questions are broad to get yourself thinking- make sure you record everything in your research diary so you can do back to the sources- even if the source was rubbish include it!

Hope this helps
samiyaa10
Rep:
?
(Original post by emma543)
Firstly- what is your question? As at the mo if you are just saying 'medical uses' that is way too broad! You want something more like 'To what is cannabis an effective treatment for schizophrenia?'

1) What is cannabis?
2) Is there any evidence to suggest cannabis can treat schizophrenia? (use google scholar)
5) Is cannabis been successful in the treatment of any other disorders? If so what and why?
7) What is the disorder you are researching e.g. schizophrenia? What are the causes of this disorder- how can cannabis help with these causes?

These questions are broad to get yourself thinking- make sure you record everything in your research diary so you can do back to the sources- even if the source was rubbish include it!

Hope this helps
OMGGG THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCHHHH!!!!!!!! literally thanks soo muchhhh and yhhh i was just going to do the medical uses like all of it?? my question is TO WHAT EXTENT DO THE CURRENT BENEFITS OF “MEDICAL MARIJUANA” FURTHER THE JUSTIFICATION OF LEGALISATION OF CANNABIS? but if you are saying that its broad how should i shorten in i was going to write about schizophrenia epilepsy parkinson but i think its to much for 5000 words can u help me adjust my title
samiyaa10
Rep:
?

1) What is cannabis?

Hope this helps
also did u do your epq on the similar topic when did u do it?
emma543
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OMGGG THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCHHHH!!!!!!!! literally thanks soo muchhhh and yhhh i was just going to do the medical uses like all of it?? my question is TO WHAT EXTENT DO THE CURRENT BENEFITS OF “MEDICAL MARIJUANA” FURTHER THE JUSTIFICATION OF LEGALISATION OF CANNABIS? but if you are saying that its broad how should i shorten in i was going to write about schizophrenia epilepsy parkinson but i think its to much for 5000 words can u help me adjust my title
Hmm my EPQ final word count was well over 10,000 so 5000 is just a minimum btw I'm not sure how you would refine that title further- I think that's fine!
emma543
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
also did u do your epq on the similar topic when did u do it?
My EPQ was psychology-based and I touched on neuroscience I guess a bit as well I'm in year 13 at moment and have literally just finished my dissertation (thank god!) I started my research in January and researched on and off until June. Then around June, I planned how I was gonna structure my essay with help from my supervisor and then spent the summer holidays and up until now writing it.
samiyaa10
Rep:
?
My EPQ was psychology-based and I touched on neuroscience I guess a bit as well I'm in year 13 at moment and have literally just finished my dissertation (thank god!) I started my research in January and researched on and off until June. Then around June, I planned how I was gonna structure my essay with help from my supervisor and then spent the summer holidays and up until now writing it.
omgg aww good luck hope you get what you deserve thanks so much for your helpppp
\
emma543
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
omgg aww good luck hope you get what you deserve thanks so much for your helpppp
\
Thank you! Let me know if you have any more questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed