Hz1108
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently studying BTEC National DIploma in health and social care (worth 2 A levels) and BTEC subsidary diploma in Travel and Tourism ( worth 1 A level). I am in year 13 now and now that im applying to Unis i have seen that most of them are asking for national extended diplomas in health and social care or a science based subject instead of the travel and tourism.

Im not sure what to do?
Does anyone have any recommendations for universities in England that i could apply to? I dont mind doing a foundation year but anything as long as i get into University to do a midwifery or nursing course please.
han1all
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hz1108)
I am currently studying BTEC National DIploma in health and social care (worth 2 A levels) and BTEC subsidary diploma in Travel and Tourism ( worth 1 A level). I am in year 13 now and now that im applying to Unis i have seen that most of them are asking for national extended diplomas in health and social care or a science based subject instead of the travel and tourism.

Im not sure what to do?
Does anyone have any recommendations for universities in England that i could apply to? I dont mind doing a foundation year but anything as long as i get into University to do a midwifery or nursing course please.
Hi there , I am also studying health and social care level 3 (year 13). As long as you have pass your assignments, and you have at least grade 4 or above in maths, English and science then you are in good hand. The unis I know that take BTEC for nursing is
Kings college
University of Herefordshire
Middlesex university
London south bank university
city, university of london
Good luck!
Hz1108
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by han1all)
Hi there , I am also studying health and social care level 3 (year 13). As long as you have pass your assignments, and you have at least grade 4 or above in maths, English and science then you are in good hand. The unis I know that take BTEC for nursing is
Kings college
University of Herefordshire
Middlesex university
London south bank university
city, university of london
Good luck!
Do you know if they accept national diploma in health and social care and if there are any universities around the North of England or any in the west Midlands literally anywhere but London. London is too far.
But thank you so much for the help. Have u started writing ur personal statement too?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also worth considering : https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army...ice/army-nurse
han1all
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes they do accept national diploma in health and social care, but if you want around north of England I acc dont have an idea but I recommend you to do some reserach.
I have finished my personal statement and have submitted my ucas application

Do you know if they accept national diploma in health and social care and if there are any universities around the North of England or any in the west Midlands literally anywhere but London. London is too far.
But thank you so much for the help. Have u started writing ur personal statement too?
moosec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know Cumbria accept BTEC, I’m studying there at the Lancaster campus & would recommend it, super friendly lecturers & the campus is really nice probably the nicest bunch of lecturers out of every uni I looked at during open days
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads