The Student Room Group

biology

a scientist measured the rate of removal of amino acids from poly peptide with and without an enzyme present.With the enzyme present 578 amino acids were released per second.Without the enzyme 3.0*10^-9 amino acids were released per second.Calculate by how many times the rate of reaction is greater with the enzyme present.Give your answer in standard form.
Original post by allan.turing15
a scientist measured the rate of removal of amino acids from poly peptide with and without an enzyme present.With the enzyme present 578 amino acids were released per second.Without the enzyme 3.0*10^-9 amino acids were released per second.Calculate by how many times the rate of reaction is greater with the enzyme present.Give your answer in standard form.

You’re going to want to calculate how much greater the rate is with the enzyme than without. Forget it’s rates since both are per second so that cancels out. The number of amino acids without enzyme multiplied by another number gives 578. This is the amount of times greater it is. Hope this helps
Hey, I literally answered this question the other day.
You're kinda approaching it as a % change style of question.... But not exactly!

Work out he difference between the two rates (578 and the 3.0 x10^-9....the standard form number makes no difference) then divide it by the initial rate (3.0 10^-9)
The answer ends up being something to the power of 11
Original post by b3th4ny_xxx
Hey, I literally answered this question the other day.
You're kinda approaching it as a % change style of question.... But not exactly!

Work out he difference between the two rates (578 and the 3.0 x10^-9....the standard form number makes no difference) then divide it by the initial rate (3.0 10^-9)
The answer ends up being something to the power of 11

thanks can i have some hgelp on 4.3 i cant seem to get 31.4 i got closest to is 32.8 which is 1 mark
Hi could I ask where the power of 11 comes from? I got the 1.93
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest