Any tips for dragging up a maths grade?

Watch this thread
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm on route to get a B or C and I'm fully intending/starting to work my butt off to get an A, but I was wondering if anyone had any particular resources or tips to help? Thank you!
(I do AQA Maths A-Level)

mary388
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you can find any teachers on YouTube who do that level of maths and go through the past papers it really helps (I’m from Scotland though so it’s different for me) and in Scotland we have a website we can use which gives little booklets of different topics with notes which was helpful.
shortgirl96
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Revise a lot more. Use the questions on old practice papers to get a idea of your strengths and weaknesses too. One thing that personally helped me was colour coding questions. I also have moderate dyscalculia undiagnosed so after about thirty minutes of revision I would take a break. Break up the revision sessions whenever possible. Try using a few different revision techniques as well.
I found colour way more useful than a dry old textbook or flashcards although I used those in addition sometimes for a bit of variety and spice. Another thing that allowed me to succeed was swapping the numbers for words. But I do not recommend that particular coping technique if you are not dyscalculic as you will lose significant valuable marks that way unfortunately.
Revision games can also help. Sign up to helpful math websites like mymaths.co.uk etc on top of that for more tailored practice and revision. You can use the grade booster packs on there for additional practice and revision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads