axi1101
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So I’m taking IB and I’m doing HL philosophy but I’m thinking of switching to geography because there’s not textbook for philosophy and I’m not sure if it’ll be that easy.
Which subject is easier? I’m doing very content heavy highers so I want my third option to be the easiest one.
NormanF
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I think geography is easier. I’ve not done philosophy but from what I’ve heard and seen is the essays are much longer than those in geography. These essays are essentially the hardest part, and in comparison to other subjects like economics I think the geography essays are much easier. Also there are no difficult concepts to tackle in geography but rather remembering processes so I think it fits your proposal for an easier subject.
That’s currently my situation, geography was always a strong subject and I picked it for SL to give me more time for my HL subjects. Also me and all the other SL students have been doing as good if not better on the essay questions which I think shows that there isn’t anything too difficult but rather structure and addressing the marking criteria which is pretty clear.
Hope this helps.
SchmuckOff
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by axi1101)
So I’m taking IB and I’m doing HL philosophy but I’m thinking of switching to geography because there’s not textbook for philosophy and I’m not sure if it’ll be that easy.
Which subject is easier? I’m doing very content heavy highers so I want my third option to be the easiest one.
As a year 13 student studying Geography
I feel a duty to clarify that Geography is not as easy as people say it is
However , it is your choice on which one you enjoy more.
axi1101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by NormanF)
I think geography is easier. I’ve not done philosophy but from what I’ve heard and seen is the essays are much longer than those in geography. These essays are essentially the hardest part, and in comparison to other subjects like economics I think the geography essays are much easier. Also there are no difficult concepts to tackle in geography but rather remembering processes so I think it fits your proposal for an easier subject.
That’s currently my situation, geography was always a strong subject and I picked it for SL to give me more time for my HL subjects. Also me and all the other SL students have been doing as good if not better on the essay questions which I think shows that there isn’t anything too difficult but rather structure and addressing the marking criteria which is pretty clear.
Hope this helps.
Thanks I think I’ll choose geography!
Also are there any good websites ?
axi1101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
As a year 13 student studying Geography
I feel a duty to clarify that Geography is not as easy as people say it is
However , it is your choice on which one you enjoy more.
I know nothings easy but at least I can revise - philosophy has no textbook and it’s hard to revise
Thank you for clarifying tho !!
VanillaCream
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm doing Geography as well and it's not very easy obviously, all IB subjects are in a way complicated, but it's quite interesting and easy to study (i.e. there are no very difficult things and you can already know a lot from your general knowledge), I'd go with Geography!

good luck!
NormanF
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Not that I know of particularly, however for me the textbooks have been great. I’m sure you’ll receive a standard textbook in lesson and for anything extra check out one of the revision guides. The main thing I use the text book for is to improve my knowledge on examples or case studies as those are essential in geography and are a good way of remembering different interactions/concepts. For that reason I’ve not needed any extra resources.
geographypods
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Check out this new student advice site - A good starting point: https://asklola.site/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (164)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (495)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (378)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (471)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (162)
4.81%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (206)
6.11%
Loneliness (286)
8.49%
Financial worries (120)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (135)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (153)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (183)
5.43%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (301)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.35%

Watched Threads