Thepanda13
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I’m currently in year 12 and was thinking of doing an epq. I would like to go onto studying law so my epq would be on a law based topic but is an epq actually worth it and would it bring the entry requirements down if I was to apply to kcl?
Joy L
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Thepanda13)
I’m currently in year 12 and was thinking of doing an epq. I would like to go onto studying law so my epq would be on a law based topic but is an epq actually worth it and would it bring the entry requirements down if I was to apply to kcl?
i think an epq would be 100% worth it. you could do it on a topic of law as you say, and to show your dedication to studying law as an undergraduate you could discuss how you chose to look at an area in law for your epq in your personal statement. it would show universities you are actively interested in their subject area and show that you are willing to put your own research in to find out more about law.
hope this helps xx
Thepanda13
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Joy L)
i think an epq would be 100% worth it. you could do it on a topic of law as you say, and to show your dedication to studying law as an undergraduate you could discuss how you chose to look at an area in law for your epq in your personal statement. it would show universities you are actively interested in their subject area and show that you are willing to put your own research in to find out more about law.
hope this helps xx
Thank you! Yes, I was thinking of doing one in child abuse. Also, does an epq lower the entry requirements? E.g if I need an A to do Law at KCL, I’d only need a B?
username5256148
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thank you! Yes, I was thinking of doing one in child abuse. Also, does an epq lower the entry requirements? E.g if I need an A to do Law at KCL, I’d only need a B?
It depends on the uni but you should definitely look on different uni websites to check if they take an epq into consideration
Joy L
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
it depends on the uni tbh, see izzxm reply above :yeah:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (65)
21.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
45.27%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.16%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.61%

Watched Threads