The Student Room Group

[Official] St John's College Applicants thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grantgardner
On the Cambridge website it says that the at interview assessment is going to be held remotely on the 1st of December sometime in the morning or afternoon. As for a reading list, there are a few books on the John’s website that don’t have much context on if they are suggested reading or if they are written by the faculty. On a website I found a list of one or two hundred practice interview questions. I am an American applicant, so the whole UCAS system is very foreign to me. In the U.S there is a much larger focus on what you do outside of academics, and if schools offer interviews, they are conducted by alumni and are mainly about interest in the school and personality. If anyone has more concrete information, please share.

Are you applying for History? If so I have to take the same at interview assessment so if I hear anything I will let you know!
Received an interview for law!!
Original post by TheClaimsGuys
same!!

Me too! Have you heard back about interviews yet :smile:
Original post by saaWaah
I'm applying to HSPS! I wish everyone here the best :smile:

Yeah that’s all the info I have been able to find too, I guess we just have to wait for them to send out more info. Have you found the three practice papers that they put up on the Cambridge website? Have a got at answering them.
On the Cambridge website it says that the at interview assessment is going to be held remotely on the 1st of December sometime in the morning or afternoon. As for a reading list, there are a few books on the John’s website that don’t have much context on if they are suggested reading or if they are written by the faculty. On a website I found a list of one or two hundred practice interview questions. I am an American applicant, so the whole UCAS system is very foreign to me. In the U.S there is a much larger focus on what you do outside of academics, and if schools offer interviews, they are conducted by alumni and are mainly about interest in the school and personality. If anyone has more concrete information, please share.

I’m pretty sure there isn’t a suggested reading list, but they do put up some photos of books written by the faculty. Refresh on any books you put in your personal statement and the submitted work you sent (if you did send some)
I applied for PBS, I'm so nervous for interview decisions ahahh !! Anyone heard anything?
Original post by Aussie Student
Received an interview for law!!

me too :smile: i'm nervous about the law exam on tuesday

Cambridge interviews are also interested in who you are, but more in the context of you as a student. You will probably be asked as to why you wish to study history and, as an overseas applicant, what draws you to the UK.

The bulk of the interview, however, will likely evolve around around actually discussing history and historical questions.
anyone heard anything? :smile:
I am applying for Economics, has anyone received an interview?
It seems like most of my friends who apply to other colleges have already received an interview invitation...kind of nervous now
Natural sciences physical ??
Any news? :smile:
Reply 52
Just got an interview for HSPS!!
Got an interview for maths at st John’s 😊😊
Original post by Golfer 3009
Got an interview for maths at st John’s 😊😊

Original post by saaWaah
Just got an interview for HSPS!!

How fantastic !!! Congratulations. I am nervously awaiting MML...
Just got one for MML!
Original post by Spanishstarfish
Just got one for MML!

Well done I’m still waiting for natsci so nervous
Original post by spanishstarfish
just got one for mml!

congrats!
Anyone heard on Geography yet?
Original post by Geogapply
Anyone heard on Geography yet?

Economics hasn't got any news yet either...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending