nyx2911
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aashkaa)
Hey! Anyone applying to LSE?
Yes!
Hi everyone, I've applied for LLB (law) at Oxford(rejected), Durham (unconditional offer), Queen Mary Uni London(unconditional offer), and I'm waiting on decisions from KCL and LSE.
Aashkaa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! Anyone applying to Msc Finance at LSE? If yes, when did you guys apply and have you received an offer/rejection/waitlist yet?
RohanSingh1995
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aashkaa)
Hey! Anyone applying to Msc Finance at LSE? If yes, when did you guys apply and have you received an offer/rejection/waitlist yet?
Hi there !!

I applied to LSE MSc. Finance on 7th December and recieved my LSE ID around 16th December. Currently waitlisted. Received update on 14th January. LSE says that it takes 8 weeks to reach a decision. But funnily I received an update in less than a month (even after accounting for Christmas break)

Have you received any update yet?
Soms20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, congrats to everyone who got their offers!
I applied for Msc in HRM at LSE (Wailisted on 20th Jan), King's (received an offer), Edinburgh (received an offer), and Trinity, Dublin (awaiting).
I got my LSE ID around 8th December. Even I'm awaiting for an update from LSE.
Last edited by Soms20; 1 month ago
eshgoel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone, my question is for the people that are currently in their final year at undergrad - due to COVID etc, I guess all of us must be having our exams during May-June this year, so the results would come out by August or so. How are you planning for applying for a Visa and all the other stuff. Since the unis will start from September, do you think we have enough time for all this work ? I'm really new to all this so if anyone know how this works, please let me know! Thanks!
RohanSingh1995
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by eshgoel)
Hi everyone, my question is for the people that are currently in their final year at undergrad - due to COVID etc, I guess all of us must be having our exams during May-June this year, so the results would come out by August or so. How are you planning for applying for a Visa and all the other stuff. Since the unis will start from September, do you think we have enough time for all this work ? I'm really new to all this so if anyone know how this works, please let me know! Thanks!
Hi there !!

So most colleges will have exams during May-June period and the results will be out in August. Foreign universities understand that these are unprecedented times so they will be flexible.

Visa processing is quite fast. I remember I applied for my visa on 12th August 2018 and got my visa on 17th August 2018 i.e. 5 days. My programme start date was 28th August. So visa processing should not be an issue. Even if it is..colleges do allow students to come one/two weeks late in case of visa issues. I had a couple of classmates who joined the course one/two weeks later.

I have been through the UK Tier 4 student visa process before so can help you with any questions you might have. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions.

Happy to help
eshgoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RohanSingh1995)
Hi there !!

So most colleges will have exams during May-June period and the results will be out in August. Foreign universities understand that these are unprecedented times so they will be flexible.

Visa processing is quite fast. I remember I applied for my visa on 12th August 2018 and got my visa on 17th August 2018 i.e. 5 days. My programme start date was 28th August. So visa processing should not be an issue. Even if it is..colleges do allow students to come one/two weeks late in case of visa issues. I had a couple of classmates who joined the course one/two weeks later.

I have been through the UK Tier 4 student visa process before so can help you with any questions you might have. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions.

Happy to help
Thank you so much!!! That's so helpful of you! Really appreciate it!
Chitra394
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by schnoolettohetto)
Received my offer today!๐Ÿ˜Œ
Goodluck to everyone!
Congrats! I've received an offer from SOAS for MA History of Art and Archaeology. What course had you applied for?
Gaurev
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kunjam99)
Hi, Iโ€™m applying for BSc Economics at KCL, UCL, Bristol (I have offers for these three) and LSE, Warwick (I havenโ€™t heard from both of these). I have Non med with additional Economics.
What are ur stats?
schnoolettohetto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chitra394)
Congrats! I've received an offer from SOAS for MA History of Art and Archaeology. What course had you applied for?
Congratulations! I applied for MA South Asian Area Studies.
pranatiii09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sujith_)
Are there any Indian students trying for Sept 2021 intake in UK?
If so, I'd love to chat and get to know you.

Regards,
A confused kid in an adult's body xD
YESS
i havee. i applied for bsc psychology to UCL, KCL, Edinburgh, Manchester and Oxford.
Got rejected from Oxford
got an offer from Manchester
still waiting from the others
Srudra
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sujith_)
Are there any Indian students trying for Sept 2021 intake in UK?
If so, I'd love to chat and get to know you.

Regards,
A confused kid in an adult's body xD
Me! For masters in magazine journalism !
shashaank94
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I will be going to University of Nottingham for MSc Data Science this year. Anyone else going to Notts?
Guganesan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by db7)
Hi Chitra, which universities are you applying to? It seems that our target programmes are not much disparate, as I'll be applying to an MSc Palaeoanthropology and Paleolithic Archaeology at UCL, an MPhil Archaeology at Cambridge, and an MSc in Archaeological Science at Oxford. All the very best to you!!

And what about you Sujith, what are you applying for, and where to?
Wow, I'm applying for Archaeology too, mate. Have you got any offers till now? Will be sending mine to UCL day after tomorrow.
Guganesan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by db7)
Hi again Esh,
As I said earlier on the Oxford thread, I'm not applying anymore. I had planned to apply for an MSc programme at the School of Archaeology, but because they do not offer anything concerned with Palaeoanthropology and human evolution(which are my research interests), I've changed my decision. The Archaeology dept had a Nov 13 deadline for earlier decisions, but I also recollect that one could apply until sometime in the last week of Jan. And that was, as I said, for the Archaeology dept, so cud be different for yours.

What about you? Any change in your application status? And all the best!!
Yeah me too, friend. I'm interested in Landscape and Computational Archaeology (which is were UCL's Inst. of Arch. really shines). But, currently Ox's IOA seems to heavily work on Material Culture and Classics. But for Human evolution studies their ain't any better place than Max Planck's School of Human Studies, Jenna, GER. Meanwhile, I applied for Oxford on 22nd Jan, just a couple hours before the deadline (10 A.M. GMT).
db7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Guganesan)
Wow, I'm applying for Archaeology too, mate. Have you got any offers till now? Will be sending mine to UCL day after tomorrow.
I've offers for an MSc Palaeoanthropology and Palaeolithic Archaeology at UCL, and an MPhil Human Evolutionary Studies at Cambridge (supervisor would be Prof Marta Lahr). I think I'll be choosing Cambridge over UCL. Best of luck to you!
Guganesan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by db7)
I've offers for an MSc Palaeoanthropology and Palaeolithic Archaeology at UCL, and an MPhil Human Evolutionary Studies at Cambridge (supervisor would be Prof Marta Lahr). I think I'll be choosing Cambridge over UCL. Best of luck to you!
Wow, that's so cool, mate, never had I anticipated that we are so closely associated. I applied for Cambridge too, my primary institution of choice, but for MPhil Archaeological Science and currently my application is in GAO. And Prof Lahr? Whao, she's awesome, she's the director of Duckworth lab I presume. Hope we share classes soon. Just out of curiosity, are you from Deccan, mate?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.27%
Live streaming events (51)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.4%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.22%