September 2021 intake from INDIA!!!

Watch
Favita Dias
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I am from Goa, India. I want to apply for PhD at SOAS, LSE, Oxford in education, social inequality. Anyone who is currently student at any of these Universities? Thanks
soapmcsoap
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, new to this thread! I am from India too. I have been accepted to the Part III Applied Maths at St. Johns College, Cambridge and MSc in Mathematical and Theoretical Physics at Oxford. Obviously funding is a very serious issue for me. Does anyone know of any Indian funding sources etc. that provide funding for graduate study at these universities?
VarietySB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, nice thread! I've got an unconditional offer from KCL for Bsc Economics! Would be great to talk to others who are planning on attending a London uni!
Gaurev
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by VarietySB)
Hi, nice thread! I've got an unconditional offer from KCL for Bsc Economics! Would be great to talk to others who are planning on attending a London uni!
I have an offer from UCL for Bsc Economics and I am waiting to hear back from LSE for the same program but either way,I will be going to a London uni like you
Dishaaa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hii i hv a conditional offer for Bsc Accounting and Finance from University of Warwick and Henley business school
pipettingerror
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi everyone. I have an offer for a DPhil from Oxford, but I have to figure out funding now. Most intl students seem to be supported by their home govs, but I haven't come across any schemes from the Indian govt that fund a PhD. Does anyone here know about any awards I could apply for? Would be pretty soul-crushing to not be able to attend because of money.
NilanjanaD
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I am from Kolkata, India. I have been accepted for PhD at Warwick, SOAS and Oxford! However, I do urgently require funding as well!
Dishaaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kunjam99)
Hi, I’m applying for BSc Economics at KCL, UCL, Bristol (I have offers for these three) and LSE, Warwick (I haven’t heard from both of these). I have Non med with additional Economics.
Hey have you received anything from Warwick? I just received an offer from them and planning to firm it
Dishaaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kunjam99)
Hi, I’m applying for BSc Economics at KCL, UCL, Bristol (I have offers for these three) and LSE, Warwick (I haven’t heard from both of these). I have Non med with additional Economics.
Did you hear back from Warwick ?
db7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by pipettingerror)
Hi everyone. I have an offer for a DPhil from Oxford, but I have to figure out funding now. Most intl students seem to be supported by their home govs, but I haven't come across any schemes from the Indian govt that fund a PhD. Does anyone here know about any awards I could apply for? Would be pretty soul-crushing to not be able to attend because of money.
(Original post by NilanjanaD)
Hi, I am from Kolkata, India. I have been accepted for PhD at Warwick, SOAS and Oxford! However, I do urgently require funding as well!
Hi, both of you could have applied for the Inlaks Shivdasani scholarship, but they only accepted applications until the 31st of March. I have applied for it, with an offer for an MPhil Human Evolutionary Studies. Or maybe you could get in touch with your respective supervisors for some other opportunities, since both of you are at the doctoral stage, I believe your supervisors would be much supportive in this regard. All the best!
Ejay1806
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by db7)
Hi, both of you could have applied for the Inlaks Shivdasani scholarship, but they only accepted applications until the 31st of March. I have applied for it, with an offer for an MPhil Human Evolutionary Studies. Or maybe you could get in touch with your respective supervisors for some other opportunities, since both of you are at the doctoral stage, I believe your supervisors would be much supportive in this regard. All the best!
I agree with db7. I applied for the Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarship as well. Do get in touch with your supervisors, they'd be able to help.
pipettingerror
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thanks both db7 and Ejay1806 ! I knew about Inlaks but since I am in the UK currently I am not eligible for it The eligibility criteria mentions that you need to have been a resident in India for at least six months before applying, and I emailed them to confirm too. Oh, well. Good luck to you both!
SR22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Anyone going to the University of Edinburgh? I just got an offer for MSc Cognitive Science!
Legiterspams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by SR22)
Anyone going to the University of Edinburgh? I just got an offer for MSc Cognitive Science!
Yes. Congratulations on your offer! I’m doing MA Economics
SR22
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Legiterspams)
Yes. Congratulations on your offer! I’m doing MA Economics
Yay, congratulations! Hope to see you there. There's a WA groupchat for admitted postgrad students, but I don't think TSR allows external links:
Add to the code: EXM9rBTeVwK7SChVsZo3nQ
Last edited by SR22; 1 day ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.08%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.74%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.91%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.18%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.81%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.12%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.76%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.31%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.73%

Watched Threads