The Student Room Group

unrequited love

always been on and off dating someone for a few years but it's over, it has been for a year. I still find myself thinking about him, the memories we shared and I think I very much have feelings still. I would go as far to say I think I love him. I had my heart broken, and it will never be fixed. I know he cared for me but not sure if he loved me, I guess if he did he would be here, in my life right now. have you ever loved someone who didn't love you and how did you deal with this? how did you deal with a broken heart
I don’t believe in the right person at the wrong time, if u truly loved each other you’ll make it work, if you’re on and off then it’s shows your both not committed or one is wanting the commitment so they’re staying around hoping that the other will soon do the same. Don’t waste time, if he wanted to be your boyfriend he would be vice versa it’s just that simple. The fact that you’re question his love tells me that he didn’t show u that love and u deserve more, don’t settle for less then what u want. It might be hard but it’s for the best. I didn’t necessarily have my heart broken before but I had relationships in the past that didn’t work out, you’ll move on. Just block them from social media, give yourself some self- love and then when u move on, you’ll know what u want and when u find someone that treats u better, u won’t think about them. Rn I am in a very happy relationship, he’s the best boyfriend I have ever had and truly gave me hope that they’re nice guys out there. It’s sad to me now because people lower their expectations but u should never do it, be patient.
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t believe in the right person at the wrong time, if u truly loved each other you’ll make it work, if you’re on and off then it’s shows your both not committed or one is wanting the commitment so they’re staying around hoping that the other will soon do the same. Don’t waste time, if he wanted to be your boyfriend he would be vice versa it’s just that simple. The fact that you’re question his love tells me that he didn’t show u that love and u deserve more, don’t settle for less then what u want. It might be hard but it’s for the best. I didn’t necessarily have my heart broken before but I had relationships in the past that didn’t work out, you’ll move on. Just block them from social media, give yourself some self- love and then when u move on, you’ll know what u want and when u find someone that treats u better, u won’t think about them. Rn I am in a very happy relationship, he’s the best boyfriend I have ever had and truly gave me hope that they’re nice guys out there. It’s sad to me now because people lower their expectations but u should never do it, be patient.

I made so many spelling errors in this I am sorry ***
😂
always been on and off dating someone for a few years but it's over, it has been for a year. I still find myself thinking about him, the memories we shared and I think I very much have feelings still. I would go as far to say I think I love him. I had my heart broken, and it will never be fixed. I know he cared for me but not sure if he loved me, I guess if he did he would be here, in my life right now. have you ever loved someone who didn't love you and how did you deal with this? how did you deal with a broken heart

I kinda get what you mean. I've "experienced", plent of girls in the meantime, however I still seni-frequently think of my first girlfriend as I've never felt so strongly for anyone. I guess sometimes, that it's just the way it is
Reply 4

Thank you!!! That really is the sweetest thing I could read on a Friday night...was lost in my thoughts but every word you’ve said is right...he didn’t show me he loved me or cared, I’m just tired. Tired of being held back by the memories, by my feelings, by what people tell me. I’m done. Sometimes I wish so deeply that he marries someone or gets with someone else and I hear this or worse, see him with another girl. I know it’ll hurt me more but it will open my eyes wider to move. on. Sometimes I wish I had never loved. I had never met him. But what doesn’t break you makes you stronger I know it was for the best, I learnt many lessons and I read somewhere that you should look at yourself and be happy, happy that you have so much love to give to another...let the right one come along soon..I’ll be ready for him soon :smile:
Reply 5
I made so many spelling errors in this I am sorry ***
😂

It’s okay! :suith:
Reply 6
Original post by IVLIVSCAESAR
I kinda get what you mean. I've "experienced", plent of girls in the meantime, however I still seni-frequently think of my first girlfriend as I've never felt so strongly for anyone. I guess sometimes, that it's just the way it is

Really? I think with your first you’re experiencing everything for the first time and that is why those feelings are heightened. But I would have hoped that we could one day love someone again, more than our first...
Yeah cus im in uni rn and hella bored so i have developed a weird crush on someone and i know its never gonna happen so im heartbroken already LOL. Anyways, back to my stack of coursework and unhealthy snacks:smile:
Reply 8
Yeah cus im in uni rn and hella bored so i have developed a weird crush on someone and i know its never gonna happen so im heartbroken already LOL. Anyways, back to my stack of coursework and unhealthy snacks:smile:

Haha! It might who knows...he or she may be thinking about you too...
Haha! It might who knows...he or she may be thinking about you too...

Most likely not. Although the crush on him actually started when my uni friends told me they think he likes me, then i started thinking about it and liking him too. So its weird. I think i'd love to be his close friend more than going out with him though, hes a great person!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending