falcon66
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to apply to Chester University to take a PGCE with QTS Spanish course,2020/21.
I'm Argentinian, my qualifications have been assessed as "equivalent" by Get into Teaching. Chester have agreed that I am to be classed as an EU student ( my husband is British and we lived in Spain from Feb 2017 to Dec 2017 before coming to the UK.
I have a UK Residence Card ( Family Member EU Residence) and have also got Pre-settled status via the EU Settlement Scheme.
Now,the question! Do I have to wait until I get Settled status ( from July 2022) before I can get any financial help?
Thanks
Sandra.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by falcon66)
I want to apply to Chester University to take a PGCE with QTS Spanish course,2020/21.
I'm Argentinian, my qualifications have been assessed as "equivalent" by Get into Teaching. Chester have agreed that I am to be classed as an EU student ( my husband is British and we lived in Spain from Feb 2017 to Dec 2017 before coming to the UK.
I have a UK Residence Card ( Family Member EU Residence) and have also got Pre-settled status via the EU Settlement Scheme.
Now,the question! Do I have to wait until I get Settled status ( from July 2022) before I can get any financial help?
Thanks
Sandra.
Hi, when does your course start?
Thanks, Isaac
falcon66
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, when does your course start?
Thanks, Isaac
Hello Isaac. The course starts in September 2021.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello Isaac. The course starts in September 2021.
Our regulations for the 2021/22 academic year have not been released yet, however the government has released information regarding eligibility for new EU students who are starting university in the 2021/22 academic year. You can read this information here http://ow.ly/S3Ty30qSFeW

Thanks, Isaac
falcon66
Rep:
?
Our regulations for the 2021/22 academic year have not been released yet, however the government has released information regarding eligibility for new EU students who are starting university in the 2021/22 academic year. You can read this information here http://ow.ly/S3Ty30qSFeW

Thanks, Isaac
Many thanks for your help Isaac.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Many thanks for your help Isaac.
You're welcome
falcon66
Rep:
?
You're welcome
Hello again Isaac!
I may have spoken too soon.

I read the information in the link and at first I thought that it answered my question re EU funding. However, I'm still not clear on how pre-settled status and settled status are treated for funding purposes. For example, the govt page re funding refers only to settled status i.e. permanent leave to remain but the detailed letter that I received confirming pre-settled status ( temporary leave to remain ) states that I am able to access funding for education purposes. Does an award of funding require settled status as defined above?
falcon66
Rep:
?
Hello again Isaac!

I read the information in the link and at first I thought that it answered my question re EU funding. However, I'm still not clear on how pre-settled status and settled status are treated for funding purposes. For example, the govt page re funding refers only to settled status i.e. permanent leave to remain but the detailed letter that I received confirming pre-settled status ( temporary leave to remain ) states that I am able to access funding for education purposes. Does an award of funding require settled status as defined above?
Sorry Isaac, I've just read another section on Student Finance and it makes clear that either status is relevant for course applications from August 2021. I need to pay more attention!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello again Isaac!

Sorry Isaac, I've just read another section on Student Finance and it makes clear that either status is relevant for course applications from August 2021. I need to pay more attention!
Hi, we have no information yet as our regulations have not been released but we expect students with pre settled and settled status to be eligible. If you contact us again early next year then we can advise on eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (687)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (863)
42.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (389)
19.16%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise