Lifeis7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone
I am a self-funding student, I need urgent help to pay this last academic year 2020-2021's fees. Also, I am entitled to DSA due to my health at present, but they have confused me so much. Any ideas please get in touch.
Thanks, guys.
Last edited by Lifeis7; 1 month ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lifeis7)
Hi everyone
I am a self-funding student, I need urgent help to pay this last academic year 2020-2021's fees. Also, I am entitled to DSA due to my health at present, but they have confused me so much. Any ideas please get in touch.
Thanks, guys.
Hi there, please clarify how we can help with the fees, do you have any specific query? If you have any concerns or worries with the DSA we advise you to speak directly to the DSA team by calling 0300 100 0607 or emailing [email protected]
Thanks, Isaac
Lifeis7
Rep:
?
Hi Isaac

I had an incident which meant it would affect my finance as a self-paying student. I had walking difficulties, breathing difficulties, etc. I have been to various hospitals, still being prepared for operation after having had another operation. The disability officer enquired from SFE what sort of support could I have now that I could not work to pay my fees in the summer as I used to do. SFE said I could get DSA. My medical document was sent. An assessment was done and SFE said I was awarded full max support for DSA payable to University; this was to enable me support including sponsorship by the University due to my disability. I agreed that DSA can be paid directly to Univesity. Then I have been sent another form with several people saying the DSA should have been paid to me and I pay the University. Then someone has said those people gave me the wrong advice. I am confused. Was I advised wrongly from the beginning or what?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Isaac

I had an incident which meant it would affect my finance as a self-paying student. I had walking difficulties, breathing difficulties, etc. I have been to various hospitals, still being prepared for operation after having had another operation. The disability officer enquired from SFE what sort of support could I have now that I could not work to pay my fees in the summer as I used to do. SFE said I could get DSA. My medical document was sent. An assessment was done and SFE said I was awarded full max support for DSA payable to University; this was to enable me support including sponsorship by the University due to my disability. I agreed that DSA can be paid directly to Univesity. Then I have been sent another form with several people saying the DSA should have been paid to me and I pay the University. Then someone has said those people gave me the wrong advice. I am confused. Was I advised wrongly from the beginning or what?
I advise you to speak directly to the DSA team by calling 0300 100 0607 or emailing [email protected] and they can review this further.
Thanks, Isaac
Lifeis7
Rep:
?
Hi Isacc

I have done this several times that is why I am now confused. Is there a lead person to talk to? Or could one of them answer whether the information given above is wrong?

Kind regards
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Isacc

I have done this several times that is why I am now confused. Is there a lead person to talk to? Or could one of them answer whether the information given above is wrong?

Kind regards
Please can you send us a message on Twitter/Facebook with a link to this thread and your Name/CRN then an advisor will ask the DSA department to contact you to discuss this.
Thanks, Isaac
Lifeis7
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Please can you send us a message on Twitter/Facebook with a link to this thread and your Name/CRN then an advisor will ask the DSA department to contact you to discuss this.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac

Thanks for your advice

Regards
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Isaac

Thanks for your advice

Regards
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (136)
28.51%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.63%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.5%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (138)
28.93%

Watched Threads