The Student Room Group

Transfer from Keele medicine to KCL after first year

heyy, my sister is currently studying medicine at keele and she wants to transfer to KCL after finishing her first year . is that possible?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Its incredibly rare and unheard of. She may have to repeat a year if jt was allowed.
Original post by holmes_98
heyy, my sister is currently studying medicine at keele and she wants to transfer to KCL after finishing her first year . is that possible?

Thanks.

Why - Keele is lovely - all medicine degrees are equal. What is her reason?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Why - Keele is lovely - all medicine degrees are equal. What is her reason?

I don't really know, I really like it but I think she wanted to apply to KCL at first but she didn't do well in the UCAT .
I don't really know, I really like it but I think she wanted to apply to KCL at first but she didn't do well in the UCAT .

She'll have a better experience at Keele.
Reply 5
She'll have a better experience at Keele.

really? can you tell me the differences ?
Reply 6
Original post by tufftybluey
Its incredibly rare and unheard of. She may have to repeat a year if jt was allowed.

really? so do you think she has to repeat the year? even if both courses are medicine?
really? can you tell me the differences ?

Is this you then and not your sister :smile:

Thanks.

This question gets asked about once a week e.g. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6711046

Tl;dr: it's almost certainly not going to happen. What are her reasons for wanting to transfer? Not getting a high enough UKCAT score then trying to transfer the following year isn't a great reason.
Reply 9
Is this you then and not your sister :smile:

no, it's my sister
thankfully I got a place at UCL😂
but she is Asking her friends and our relatives about it and I'm helping her that's it .
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Democracy
This question gets asked about once a week e.g. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6711046

Tl;dr: it's almost certainly not going to happen. What are her reasons for wanting to transfer? Not getting a high enough UKCAT score then trying to transfer the following year isn't a great reason.

no the reason is not UKCAT, she chose Keele because she didn't get a good UCAT score to go to KCL
but she says that she's feeling uncomfortable there and I don't know why:/
no the reason is not UKCAT, she chose Keele because she didn't get a good UCAT score to go to KCL
but she says that she's feeling uncomfortable there and I don't know why:/

That...is what I said lol (my bad for using the old name for the UCAT).

Maybe you could ask her to join TSR or explain her reasons to you a bit more. At the moment it's hard to give advice without specifics.

Feeling uncomfortable could mean a lot of things, chances are it's first year nerves and it'll settle down :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
no, it's my sister
thankfully I got a place at UCL😂
but she is Asking her friends and our relatives about it and I'm helping her that's it .

She's far better off in Keele than stuck in London potentially under lockdown. Much nicer place ...
Reply 13
That...is what I said lol (my bad for using the old name for the UCAT).

Maybe you could ask her to join TSR or explain her reasons to you a bit more. At the moment it's hard to give advice without specifics.

Feeling uncomfortable could mean a lot of things, chances are it's first year nerves and it'll settle down :smile:

she asked me to come here and Ask but I will tell her to create an account and discuss that with you guys
I think because she wants to stay in London where we live .
Reply 14
She's far better off in Keele than stuck in London potentially under lockdown. Much nicer place ...

the only thing she wants is to stay in London that's the main problem😂
she asked me to come here and Ask but I will tell her to create an account and discuss that with you guys
I think because she wants to stay in London where we live .

She surely must have considered that when firming Keele? I think she just needs to give it a bit more of a go in all honesty.
Reply 16
She surely must have considered that when firming Keele? I think she just needs to give it a bit more of a go in all honesty.

well she chose 4 unis but because she didn't do well in the UCAT she lost the chance of applying to 3 of them
well she chose 4 unis but because she didn't do well in the UCAT she lost the chance of applying to 3 of them

That's a shame, but also, that's life. It's better that she puts that behind her and concentrates on enjoying her time at Keele rather than getting disappointed further.
Reply 18
my mom told her thattt
she told her to take a gap year and take the ucat the following year and apply
because she did really well in A-levels.
Reply 19
that's true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending