This discussion is closed.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

What is this thread about?
This is a joke bill in the Model House of Commons (MHoC). It's a piece of proposed legislation that is currently being debated, but I wouldn't take it too seriously! All are welcome and encouraged to ask questions about the bill's content and join in the debate – you don't have to be in a party or be an MP to do so.

What is the MHoC?
It's a political role-playing game where we pretend to be the House of Commons, and it's been going since 2005. We have formed parties, we have elections twice a year, and we debate bills and motions just like the real-life parliament. If you want to know more about how the MHoC works, your first port of call is the user manual. If you'd like to get involved and possibly join a party, you want the welcome thread.

M638 – Cycling Motion 2020; 04MR17 MPThis House recognises the serious threat that many cyclists pose to our roads and the general public.

Cyclists are not only a potential death trap for pedestrians, but could be responsible for serious accidents using cars, buses, lorries, tanks, or any other road vehicle.

As such, this House demands that the Government:
- mandate that all current bicycles are converted into tricycles by 2022
- mandate that all tricycles shall have adorned at the back a luminous sign that reads:
I AM A HAZARD TO SOCIETY
- arrest and imprison members of the public found to be cycling on two wheels, since these are clearly dangerous members of the public

The House shall make it clear to the public that this does not extend to motor-assisted bicycles, until 2025.

As a final measure, this House will insist that the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government write to all Local Authorities, asking them to remove their cycle lanes by painting over them with Thank You messages to the NHS. This gesture is clearly better than giving them a payrise.
ibotu020
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Jokes aside I would actually like some one to paint thank you NHS on the road (and as well give them the investment they deserve).

Back to The jokes; a unicycle should be included and as well as those vintage bicycle should be included as well
71C949EA-C5AE-444E-B070-4342275EB7DB.jpeg
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
[field defaultattr=]
What is this thread about?
This is a joke bill in the Model House of Commons (MHoC). It's a piece of proposed legislation that is currently being debated, but I wouldn't take it too seriously! All are welcome and encouraged to ask questions about the bill's content and join in the debate – you don't have to be in a party or be an MP to do so.

What is the MHoC?
It's a political role-playing game where we pretend to be the House of Commons, and it's been going since 2005. We have formed parties, we have elections twice a year, and we debate bills and motions just like the real-life parliament. If you want to know more about how the MHoC works, your first port of call is the user manual. If you'd like to get involved and possibly join a party, you want the welcome thread.[/field]

M638 – Cycling Motion 2020; 04MR17 MPThis House recognises the serious threat that many cyclists pose to our roads and the general public.

Cyclists are not only a potential death trap for pedestrians, but could be responsible for serious accidents using cars, buses, lorries, tanks, or any other road vehicle.

As such, this House demands that the Government:
- mandate that all current bicycles are converted into tricycles by 2022
- mandate that all tricycles shall have adorned at the back a luminous sign that reads:
I AM A HAZARD TO SOCIETY
- arrest and imprison members of the public found to be cycling on two wheels, since these are clearly dangerous members of the public

The House shall make it clear to the public that this does not extend to motor-assisted bicycles, until 2025.

As a final measure, this House will insist that the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government write to all Local Authorities, asking them to remove their cycle lanes by painting over them with Thank You messages to the NHS. This gesture is clearly better than giving them a payrise.
Aye. Tricycles have three wheels, which is more superior.
Miss Maddie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ban bicycles altogether!
Iñigo de Loyola
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The point of joke motions is usually to add some humour into the house (case in point - my bill to define putting pineapple on pizza as heresy) or deal with a serious topic using humour. I'm not sure what the point of this motion even is.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Iñigo de Loyola)
The point of joke motions is usually to add some humour into the house (case in point - my bill to define putting pineapple on pizza as heresy) or deal with a serious topic using humour. I'm not sure what the point of this motion even is.
Cool Beans :yy:

I'm very grateful for your support
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
disappointed because i was expecting a serious bill about bike lanes as i can remember being nearly hit by a bike 3 times, my friend was actually hit by a bike and i saw some dude on a bike stopping traffic outside my house a few days ago. or was expecting a bill about incentivising to ride a bike to work for environmental reasons by the Labour party.

how would a tricycle be a better idea?
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I cannot in all good conscience support this bill, it doesnt go nearly far enough!
Iñigo de Loyola
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
I cannot in all good conscience support this bill, it doesnt go nearly far enough!
PRSOM.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
If it were a bill, then obviously it would go further, however this is a motion and not a bill.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mr Speaker, i post only to air my objection at joke items.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Haha okay.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
If it were a bill, then obviously it would go further, however this is a motion and not a bill.
Whoops, my bad. My point stands though - i want to see bikes being crushed and bikers deported to the colonies
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This item has been withdrawn.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.23%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.29%
No - I live at home during term anyway (112)
29.55%

Watched Threads