Cupcake21T
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello. I am thinking of doing a business management degree at uni but was wondering, is this degree too broad? Will I be able to find a job as soon as I graduate in London? Is this a popular degree with high demand? Also, is it heavily business related or not?

I’d appreciate if anyone could let me know. Thanks
MindMax2000
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Having done a part management degree, and having friends who did business management degrees, I can provide some insight into it.

is this degree too broad?
Whilst the degree is broad, it also means you have various options to include anything into the degree e.g. I picked up languages for some of my modules.

Will I be able to find a job as soon as I graduate in London?
A degree in management can give you a job, provided you have a high enough grade (ideally from a very good uni). I have not seen many employers specifically asking for management graduates though, and having any degree tend to be just as good as a degree in management for some businesses. Most will treat you like you know nothing when you get the job and train you from the bottom up. Unless you intend to start your own business or work in a small business, a management degree won't give you much of an edge. Employers who specify a management degree for their jobs tend to ask for MBAs (in my opinion are more or less the same as bachelor's in management, but more intensive). Those who went into a business profession without any background knowledge in business may find a master's in a management subject useful, provided they have a few years of experience and the employer approves of the degree.
Should you wish to go into teaching business at secondary school or college, I would recommend business degrees over the management degrees, even though to me they are more or less the same.

Is the degree popular and in high demand?
Not more than other subjects that I've seen when applying for universities. Popularity with employers is discussed above. You can gauge the relative popularity somewhat through the grade requirements. Management isn't a particularly technical degree and it's relatively common for a lot of universities to teach it.

is it heavily business related or not?
I'm not entirely sure what you meant here. Management degrees essentially have business related modules. They might throw in a few skill based modules, but they are not that common. You will most likely learn the same thing as you would in business degrees: marketing, accounting/finance, basic economics, HR, information systems (not the same thing as IT), general things about business. If you are not sure, it's probably a good idea to read about the course structure and module options/electives in the specific degree program you are interested in.
Arden University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Cupcake21T)
Hello. I am thinking of doing a business management degree at uni but was wondering, is this degree too broad? Will I be able to find a job as soon as I graduate in London? Is this a popular degree with high demand? Also, is it heavily business related or not?

I’d appreciate if anyone could let me know. Thanks
Hi Cupcake21T,

If you would like to get a feel for an example business management degree, why not have a watch of our Business taster webinar that we ran earlier this year which will hopefully answer some of your questions: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rec...02387484157197

If you like as well, you can have a chat with some current Business students at Arden University to understand what's involved in the course a bit better via our Unibuddy page: https://arden.ac.uk/chat-with-our-students

Hope that helps!

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.84%
I don't have everything I need (257)
44.16%

Watched Threads