Teacher beheaded in Paris street

Watch
fenton484
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54573356

A teacher has been beheaded in a north-western suburb of Paris, with the attacker shot dead by police.

The victim is said to have shown controversial cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad to his students.

The attack occurred at about 17:00 local time (15:00 GMT) near a school. Anti-terror prosecutors are investigating.

French President Emmanuel Macron visited the scene, calling the killing an "Islamist terrorist attack".

Mr Macron said he was murdered because he "taught freedom of expression". The victim has not been named.
Last edited by 04MR17; 1 week ago
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If it had happened here, the first reaction of the media and opposition would have been to seek to reassure the Muslim community, followed by demanding an enquiry into the police shooting.
Pak66
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Paris Breaking News: Muslim man beheads school teacher in street

news.sky.com/story/france-attack-man-shot-by-french-police-after-decapitation-in-paris-suburbs-12105885
Last edited by Pak66; 1 week ago
Pak66
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Was he a member of any religion?
Just my opinion
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The religion of peace by any chance?
fenton484
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trinculo)
If it had happened here, the first reaction of the media and opposition would have been to seek to reassure the Muslim community, followed by demanding an enquiry into the police shooting.
They'd probably say that the teacher should have been charged with a hate crime
fenton484
Rep:
?
(Original post by Just my opinion)
The religion of peace by any chance?
Yes, the religion of peace that is so peaceful, people have to be violently attacked and massacred in order for it to be accepted.

(in all honesty, I have no problem with mainstream islam, its just there IS a problem, a very serious one, with these nutters you just don't find in other religions, or at least, not on the scale of islamic extremism).
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pak66)
Was he a member of any religion?
Well he apparently shouted "Allahu Akbar", and the attack was motivated over the teacher showing a cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad. My money is on the Quakers.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
French President Emmanuel Macron described the incident as an "Islamist terror attack" and urged the nation to unite.

He said the victim was murdered because he was a teacher and taught freedom of expression, after Macron visited the scene.

"The whole country stands behind its teachers. Terrorists will not divide France, obscurantism will not win," he said.

Police earlier told reporters that the victim was a middle school teacher who had recently held a class on freedom of speech in which he showed caricatures of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad.

https://www.dw.com/en/france-teacher...ris/a-55304870
Hudds999
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is just horrendous...
mow mowmow
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pak66)
Paris Breaking News: Muslim man beheads school teacher in street

news.sky.com/story/france-attack-man-shot-by-french-police-after-decapitation-in-paris-suburbs-12105885
"the religion of peace..."
funny how the mainstream media don't want to explicitly state the attacker was a Muslim.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Threads merged from multiple threads - if someone sees another thread on this topic please press the report button and ask for it to be merged.

This is a very sensitive new story, and I'd like to reiterate some important points from the TSR community guidelines:
- Please treat this event with the respect and sensitivity that it deserves
- Please treat other TSR users with respect, even if they have an opinion which is different to yours
- If you find any views presented in a TSR post, please report it and do not reply

- Please don't post images or videos of the incident, as this is against TSR's appropriate content policy

Thank you
Last edited by 04MR17; 1 week ago
CyclinZH1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Inb4 accusations of islamophobia.

I just wonder where all the beheaded comics are that make jokes about say pedophile priests.
Just my opinion
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Jimmy Carr is one of the few comics that is honest enough to tell the truth. Asked if there are subjects he wouldn't mock he said Islam.
When asked why he said because he wanted to keep his head on his shoulders.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Absolute tragedy and a barbaric one at that.
More of a shame is the fact certain quarters have immediately sought to hijack this atrocity for their own squalid ends - including certain posters on this thread. Shame on you for that.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Absolute tragedy and a barbaric one at that.
More of a shame is the fact certain quarters have immediately sought to hijack this atrocity for their own squalid ends - including certain posters on this thread. Shame on you for that.
If only we had a more principled modern left that unequivocally stood by liberal values instead of engaging in cultural relativism (that ultimately leads to some form of terror sympathising and victim-blaming), there'd be much less breathing room for the right to hijack such issues.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
The bit about the demanding a police enquiry is not accurate. There are routine enquiries into every police shooting as a matter of policy, but the idea that it comes from some sort of liberal cabal who want to permit Islamists to murder people and persecute the police who put a stop to them is just a lie.
Last edited by Fullofsurprises; 1 week ago
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A man was killed after giving a lecture on freedom of expression, after showing there a caricature that is a perfectly acceptable for of humor and criticism in our civilization.

This raises important questions regarding possibility of ever integrating big parts of Islam's followers, as well as questions regarding immigration.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
The bit about the demanding a police enquiry is not accurate. There are routine enquiries into every police shooting as a matter of policy, but the idea that it comes from some sort of liberal cabal who want to permit Islamists to murder people and persecute the police who put a stop to them is just a lie.
I think it was a joke, the point of which was to suggest that in this country we’d be more concerned with the mocking of a minority religion than we would be the beheading of an innocent man
Hudds999
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PTMalewski)
This raises important questions regarding possibility of ever integrating big parts of Islam's followers, as well as questions regarding immigration.
People say this every time. Yet we all know **** all will be done. Just an endless cycle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (159)
14.48%
I'm not sure (48)
4.37%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (326)
29.69%
I have already dropped out (31)
2.82%
I'm not a current university student (534)
48.63%

Watched Threads