tahiyatttt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have no idea how to evaluate in 30 markers. I honestly have no idea how to revise politics and im in year 13. My other subjects, im predicted an A but politics is a C and its messing everything up. I really need help on how to revise and write essays
moso2203
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you basically need to argue for and against something - pointing out the flaws in arguments and then arriving at a conclusion. have you got an example of a question?
tahiyatttt
Rep:
?
(Original post by moso2203)
you basically need to argue for and against something - pointing out the flaws in arguments and then arriving at a conclusion. have you got an example of a question?
Like a question on devolution let’s say, “does devolution threaten the unity of the UK” something like that. I can just never evaluate.
moso2203
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tahiyatttt)
Like a question on devolution let’s say, “does devolution threaten the unity of the UK” something like that. I can just never evaluate.
yeah so you evaluate by giving arguments for and against

conservatives would lean towards yes: they argued against devolution in 1997 because of the constitutional impacts of it (west lothian question) and a possible rise in nationalism

others would argue that it gives regional autonomy and local law-making powers

you can bring in recent events - the SNP in scotland, devolved countries following different paths from westminster in dealing with covid; the impact of brexit on devolution.

even regional mayors can threaten unity, because of disagreement over covid handling (eg andy burnham recently)

your introductory argument should already set the path of the essay, ie do you agree to some extent and then you have ur main body which discusses the arguments for and against and evaluates them but your argument should be the prevailing one, and in the conclusion you reiterate it
tahiyatttt
Rep:
?
(Original post by moso2203)
yeah so you evaluate by giving arguments for and against

conservatives would lean towards yes: they argued against devolution in 1997 because of the constitutional impacts of it (west lothian question) and a possible rise in nationalism

others would argue that it gives regional autonomy and local law-making powers

you can bring in recent events - the SNP in scotland, devolved countries following different paths from westminster in dealing with covid; the impact of brexit on devolution.

even regional mayors can threaten unity, because of disagreement over covid handling (eg andy burnham recently)

your introductory argument should already set the path of the essay, ie do you agree to some extent and then you have ur main body which discusses the arguments for and against and evaluates them but your argument should be the prevailing one, and in the conclusion you reiterate it
Omg this is so helpful thank you!!! 🥺🥺It’s so hard to study politics it’s honestly stressful!! Are you also in year 13 ?
moso2203
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tahiyatttt)
Omg this is so helpful thank you!!! 🥺🥺It’s so hard to study politics it’s honestly stressful!! Are you also in year 13 ?
no problem and yes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (609)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (755)
41.87%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed