The Student Room Group

Deloitte 2021 graduate scheme

Has anyone done the Job Simulation?
-What were the interview questions?
-What other questions did they ask? PLease helpppppp

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I did the job simulation today. Video questions are based on the context of the case studies. Mostly situational what would you do/how would you respond type questions.
Reply 2
Original post by AngB89
Hi, I did the job simulation today. Video questions are based on the context of the case studies. Mostly situational what would you do/how would you respond type questions.

Is there anyway I can prepare for it? Any tips you can give? I got to do mine tomorrow :frown: WERE THE QUESTIONS COMPETENCY BASED?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by BTS_biased
Is there anyway I can prepare for it? Any tips you can give? I got to do mine tomorrow :frown: WERwE THE QUESTIONS COMPETENCY BASED?

The video questions were things like how would you go about introducing yourself to a new team or dealing with a situation. You have plenty of time to think before answering and to be honest I think your natural reaction would be fine for these.

I tried to prepare but to be honest I didn't need anything I had prepared. All I would say is brush up on maths/percentages if you're not overly confident, but these are also fairly straightforward. The case study written part is about analysing the data and providing a summary of it.
hey were any of the sections timed? If so which ones ?
Reply 5
anyone heard anything after the job simulation?
Reply 6
Original post by Shroche
anyone heard anything after the job simulation?

I heard today! Check you junk folder..for some reason their email went to mine and I only realized a couple of hours later
Reply 7
Original post by bananex
I heard today! Check you junk folder..for some reason their email went to mine and I only realized a couple of hours later

I've nothing..what stream are you and location?
anyone heard for Risk Advisory London? Did the JS a month ago, heard nothing...
Reply 9
Original post by Shroche
I've nothing..what stream are you and location?

Audit in Cambridge. Hbu?
Reply 10
Original post by bananex
Audit in Cambridge. Hbu?

Risk advisory Edinburgh
Reply 11
I've applied for Risk Advisory London and have no clue what the job simulation is about
I just got an invitation to the Final Stage Assessment. The email said that we need to book a slot but there are literally no slots available :frown:

My email said this :"Please note: Occasionally our capacity for assessment dates is limited, resulting in very few or zero slots available. Please rest assured that on these occasions we will be monitoring availability on an ongoing basis, and will be aware of all candidates waiting to book in. We will be in touch to update you with available times in due course, and apologise for any inconvenience caused in the interim."

and my candidate account said this : "Congratulations, you have now been invited to attend our Final Stage Assessment. Please book your assessment via your account as soon as possible.
There are currently no bookable events available at this time, please check again later. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused"

I AM SO NERVOUS! :'(
Reply 13
Original post by Brisingr1998
I just got an invitation to the Final Stage Assessment. The email said that we need to book a slot but there are literally no slots available :frown:

My email said this :"Please note: Occasionally our capacity for assessment dates is limited, resulting in very few or zero slots available. Please rest assured that on these occasions we will be monitoring availability on an ongoing basis, and will be aware of all candidates waiting to book in. We will be in touch to update you with available times in due course, and apologise for any inconvenience caused in the interim."

and my candidate account said this : "Congratulations, you have now been invited to attend our Final Stage Assessment. Please book your assessment via your account as soon as possible.
There are currently no bookable events available at this time, please check again later. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused"

What location and role?

There really doesn't seem like there's any reason to be nervous as per the explanation they gave in the email.
Original post by Shroche
What location and role?

There really doesn't seem like there's any reason to be nervous as per the explanation they gave in the email.

Audit & Assurance - Edinburgh

Which role have you applied to?

Yeah, you're right. I was worried that it is first come- first serve for ACs.
Reply 15
Audit & Assurance - Edinburgh

Which role have you applied to?

Yeah, you're right. I was worried that it is first come- first serve for ACs.

I'm Edinburgh also but risk advisory cyber. I haven't heard anything back yet but I only did my job simulation last week so I'm hoping it might just take a while for me yet..
Original post by Shroche
I'm Edinburgh also but risk advisory cyber. I haven't heard anything back yet but I only did my job simulation last week so I'm hoping it might just take a while for me yet..

Oh! You have plenty of time. I finished my JS on 28th October and received an email only today for the AC.
Good luck to you :smile:
Reply 17
Oh! You have plenty of time. I finished my JS on 28th October and received an email only today for the AC.
Good luck to you :smile:

That's reassuring then :smile: Thank you and best of luck in the AC!
Original post by Shroche
That's reassuring then :smile: Thank you and best of luck in the AC!

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 19

heyy congrats.. how on earth are there no slots when they only started giving invites today???

Quick Reply

Latest