The Student Room Group

New Work Coaches 2020

Hi all! Thought I'd set up a thread for all of us starting our new jobs. So we can keep in touch and still support each other after the recruitment process is done.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hope we all like it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by wr72

After all this 🤣
Hahhah I hope so too, I hope I don't get put on reserve list, would be heartbreaking after all this
Original post by wr72

Thank you very much for this :smile:
Can’t wait for everyone to start and see what it’s like!
Reply 6
Great idea and thanks for setting it up.
Reply 7
Ahhh I'm so glad you're all here. Has anyone else got a firm offer yet? Am I the first to start? I'm sure someone else was starting on the 26th too?
Original post by Gaynorw0301
Ahhh I'm so glad you're all here. Has anyone else got a firm offer yet? Am I the first to start? I'm sure someone else was starting on the 26th too?

I think you are the first to start yeah! I’ve just had an email this morning saying my checks are all complete and they will be in touch soon with a start date. I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later 🤞🏼
Reply 9
Original post by ashhutch
I think you are the first to start yeah! I’ve just had an email this morning saying my checks are all complete and they will be in touch soon with a start date. I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later 🤞🏼

I’m due to start on Monday and received a call from my job centre yesterday to confirm date and time, however my daughter has what appears to be a throat infection and as has a temperature had a Covid test yesterday...... still awaiting results but if positive I can’t start on 19th😩 I’m in July campaign for Glasgow and hoping if worst happens they have an intake on 2nd Nov which allows for 14 days self isolation as I finished with my previous employer yesterday.....
Original post by Gaynorw0301

I think you may be the only one so far.. any one else keep checking their account n emails every so often to make sure they don't miss any updates. I gave an earliest start date of 2nd Nov but need to give 4 weeks notice so depending on when I get a confirmation my notice period will start from then
Original post by greenfish
I think you may be the only one so far.. any one else keep checking their account n emails every so often to make sure they don't miss any updates. I gave an earliest start date of 2nd Nov but need to give 4 weeks notice so depending on when I get a confirmation my notice period will start from then

Me... I am checking all the time and this is very anxiety-inducing :frown:
Original post by Ails757
I’m due to start on Monday and received a call from my job centre yesterday to confirm date and time, however my daughter has what appears to be a throat infection and as has a temperature had a Covid test yesterday...... still awaiting results but if positive I can’t start on 19th😩 I’m in July campaign for Glasgow and hoping if worst happens they have an intake on 2nd Nov which allows for 14 days self isolation as I finished with my previous employer yesterday.....

Ow no hope its not covid. Pray your daughter recovers quickly its very easy to fall ill now with the weather changing n children going back to school after isolating for months. Im sure they will can delay your start date. Do you have a number to call or email to inform them of this.

The occupational health questionnaire their a question that asks about any symptoms we have or a family member has so im sure they have things in place for new starters
I’m starting on Monday for a Glasgow position most of my checks are done but they said my offer is conditional until they are complete then I’ll get my firm contract but fine to start in the meantime.
Original post by Ails757

Oh no I hope your daughter is alright I’m sure I read in my contract that you can delay your start date might be worth phoning your job centre and asking to speak to the manager about it.
Reply 15
Original post by greenfish
Ow no hope its not covid. Pray your daughter recovers quickly its very easy to fall ill now with the weather changing n children going back to school after isolating for months. Im sure they will can delay your start date. Do you have a number to call or email to inform them of this.

The occupational health questionnaire their a question that asks about any symptoms we have or a family member has so im sure they have things in place for new starters

Keeping everything crossed the results come back negative either today or tomorrow! I completed the health questionnaire on Thursday then this happened yesterday..., typical! I did state that I lived with someone who had been on the clinically extremely vulnerable list ( my daughter) but at that point there were no symptoms...
Reply 16
Original post by aprilhunter96
I’m starting on Monday for a Glasgow position most of my checks are done but they said my offer is conditional until they are complete then I’ll get my firm contract but fine to start in the meantime.

I’m due to start in Glasgow on Monday too, in a Job Centre location. Did you get any info as to the hours during training or length of it? I only know it’s 0930 on the first day.
Reply 17
Oh no I hope your daughter is alright I’m sure I read in my contract that you can delay your start date might be worth phoning your job centre and asking to speak to the manager about it.

I mentioned it to him when he called yesterday and he advised to call him on Monday if it’s positive and they’ll take it from there” praying I don’t need to call him!
Original post by Ails757
I’m due to start in Glasgow on Monday too, in a Job Centre location. Did you get any info as to the hours during training or length of it? I only know it’s 0930 on the first day

I actually haven’t had any phone calls from my specific job centre but my contract said to be there for 10am and gave me a name to report to so I’m pretty in the dark about how long training is and the hours during training. I wonder if I’ve been asked to come in at 10am because they are staggering the times to stop too many people showing up at the same time.
Reply 19
I actually haven’t had any phone calls from my specific job centre but my contract said to be there for 10am and gave me a name to report to so I’m pretty in the dark about how long training is and the hours during training. I wonder if I’ve been asked to come in at 10am because they are staggering the times to stop too many people showing up at the same time.

That’s very likely, although I think I read on another thread that someone starting at the city centre location had a 10am start time.

Quick Reply