blobfish123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys!

Basically, for over half term we have been given the essay to assess Lenin's significance until 1921, but I literally have no idea what to write. If anyone could be kind to give me a couple of ideas I would truly appreciate it xx
I don't know how to phrase the opening sentence of the paragraph on how he helped win the october evolution aghh
jaymou
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blobfish123)
Hi guys!

Basically, for over half term we have been given the essay to assess Lenin's significance until 1921, but I literally have no idea what to write. If anyone could be kind to give me a couple of ideas I would truly appreciate it xx
I don't know how to phrase the opening sentence of the paragraph on how he helped win the october evolution aghh
Opening sentences can be tricky, but your main argument and explanation is far more important so don't stress too much. Usually it is a safe option to quote the question and continue from there, "one reason that Lenin was significant to the revolution was..." "Lenin was significant to the 1917 revolution because of..." etc.
As for Lenin's actual significance, you should have multiple events that you have learnt about so far but not to worry if you are struggling this early on, there is time for you to get on track. Here is a video that covers the events leading up to the revolution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9G1QUIm7w&t=477s - That one is particularly good for a brief but thorough summary.
You could revisit what you have (presumably) studied so far such as Lenin's involvement, his values and ideologies, his actions leading up to October 1917. If not then I will mention some like the Red Guard, the April Thesis and the Petrograd Soviet.
Here is a Bitesize page that will give you some context: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide...2hv/revision/6
There are also videos Youtube for writing essays for your particular exam board if you're stuck for the writing structure. Shop around, there are some great resources available online.
Good luck
blobfish123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by jaymou)
Opening sentences can be tricky, but your main argument and explanation is far more important so don't stress too much. Usually it is a safe option to quote the question and continue from there, "one reason that Lenin was significant to the revolution was..." "Lenin was significant to the 1917 revolution because of..." etc.
As for Lenin's actual significance, you should have multiple events that you have learnt about so far but not to worry if you are struggling this early on, there is time for you to get on track. Here is a video that covers the events leading up to the revolution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9G1QUIm7w&t=477s - That one is particularly good for a brief but thorough summary.
You could revisit what you have (presumably) studied so far such as Lenin's involvement, his values and ideologies, his actions leading up to October 1917. If not then I will mention some like the Red Guard, the April Thesis and the Petrograd Soviet.
Here is a Bitesize page that will give you some context: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide...2hv/revision/6
There are also videos Youtube for writing essays for your particular exam board if you're stuck for the writing structure. Shop around, there are some great resources available online.
Good luck
that is so kind of you, I really appreciate it. thankvyou !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.65%
No - I have already returned home (20)
12.66%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
20.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.86%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.95%

Watched Threads