If I was ‘unattractive’ when young I’m worried how I look now and as I get older..

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ok so Im female and never appeared attractive to men.

Ive noticed that guys have always chatted up other women it could be my lack of social skills too (imnot very smily and find it hard to do) but looks will come into it. I remember back at collegue for a facial attractiveness topic activity i was rated mainly 4’s and 5’s out of 10 looks wise - its a long story but i was rated the least attractive in the class and its stuck with me really.

Ive always been slim and have an athletic body my positives are that ive never been overweight and have a small waist/good sized bum. However im Ok so Im female but have always been very tomboyish so have not appeared attractive to men. Ive noticed that guys have always chatted up other women it could be my lack of social skills too (imnot very smily and find it hard to do) but looks will come into it.

I remember back at collegue for a facial attractiveness topic activity i was rated mainly 4’s and 5’s out of 10 looks wise - its a long story but i was rated the least attractive in the class and its stuck with me really. Also just based on others comments in general (including parents and collegues) it’s obvious I’m not ‘pretty’. I can list examples but there’d no real point.

Ive always been slim and have an athletic body my positives are that ive never been overweight and have a small waist/good sized bum (only a very small chest though) . However im only 5ft in height, have a thin face, very pale with brown hair which ive always found hard tomanage so it looks dry/scruffy most of the time shoved backin a pony tail. I think I tend to get pity off others like they will say ‘aww’ if my hair is mentioned. Once one of my collegues in healthcare said that I’d looked like I’d been dragged through an hedge, another said ‘it’s clean that’s what matters’. I go to the hairdressers regular last time the price of £101 was sprung on me (highlights etc), it’s just as soon as I have to style it myself it goes scruffy.

Ive bought some new clothes which are a bit brighter however im wondering how I can look better at work…. only 5ft in height, have a thin face, very pale with brown hair which ive always found hard to manage it looks dry/scruffy most of the time shoved backin a pony tail.

I’m much older now and I’m wondering if I was below average in looks in college what the hell am I now lol.

Ive bought some new clothes which are a bit brighter however im wondering

Firstly how I can look better at work etc..

Secondly now that I’m much older I’m just scared that as I get even older, if I was that unattractive, according to others, in college what will I look like later/in middle age etc : /
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Anyone
hajima
Badges: 18
Report 1 week ago
TL;DR, you'll get over it eventually.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I really don’t like the whole rating thing... don’t allow other people’s judgment to affect how u perceive yourself. There are always going to be people who are perceived more beautiful or uglier than u which is sad to think that all people think it’s about looks rather than personality. I am sure u have many amazing qualities and u shouldn’t want your looks to be your best quality anyway. It’s all about confidence and I mean if there are areas u want to improve then work on them but if not then be proud of yourself. Many people will be secret admires of how u look or even how u act as a person but don’t say anything. Honestly, maybe change your fashion sense, nose piercing etc, put in effort to your looks but not overly doing it, wearing a slight bit of make-up ?, dyeing your hair. You’re beautiful ❤️
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've seen lot very attractive women in relationships with disgusting men, and many very handsome men with average or even ugly women, so looks doesn't really matter.

I'm a good example as well. For my generation I was a tall man, for couple of years I was in really good shape. I was faster and stronger than most guys at uni, had six pack and so on, I was fairly handsome and I was never popular with girls. As a matter of fact, none has ever accepted date invitation from me.

Besides, telling from your description, you should be fairly attractive.
You just weren't the most attractive back in the college, you might have improved since then, or your colleagues might have had bad taste or might have been mean.
Bvbfan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
damn that rating thing sounds ridiculous
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If this makes u feel any better, I'd say I was quite unattractive when I was around 12/13ish.
But now, if I do say so myself lol, I'd say my looks have DEFO improved lmao. I get quite a bit of attention 😅
So yeah.as you grow older you learn more about style etc, so it's possible to 'look more attractive'

Plus focus on WITHIN, seriously that's key
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (177)
14.46%
I'm not sure (56)
4.58%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (360)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.86%
I'm not a current university student (596)
48.69%

Watched Threads