shypanda009
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
hello im currently in year 11 and i know which sixth form i wanna go but im more or less concerned about the subjects
so i want to do economics at uni, and i've decided to choose:
- business btec
- a level economics
- a level maths
- a level film studies

but my mum's like no you should be doing further maths too! and i'm like no please i can't stand it like, at all
so what do i do im really stuck because she's going to be angry if i say i dont want to do further maths but then if i change it at the last min maybe she won't notice? idk
^^ i've talked to her about it several times, but she's super super stubborn about it and doesn't understand that i literally *cannot* do further maths, like at all
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Doing film studies when you want to study economics at university is rather confusing to me. Instead of focusing purely on the mathematical side of economics, would you consider a humanity subject such as history, geography or politics to complement economics further? Or if film studies is more of a hobby then could it be your fourth more fun / side option?
username4406810
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by shypanda009)
hello im currently in year 11 and i know which sixth form i wanna go but im more or less concerned about the subjects
- business btec
- a level economics
- a level maths
- a level film studies

but my mum's like no you should be doing further maths too! and i'm like no please i can't stand it like, at all
so what do i do im really stuck because she's going to be angry if i say i dont want to do further maths but then if i change it at the last min maybe she won't notice? idk
^^ i've talked to her about it several times, but she's super super stubborn about it and doesn't understand that i literally *cannot* do further maths, like at all
If you really don't want to do further maths, then I would definitely say that you should avoid it. Out of interest, why are you doing film studies? If you want to study economics at a top uni, I would consider taking a humanity subject or a science.
Last edited by username4406810; 8 months ago
username4406810
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
- business btec
- a level economics
- a level maths
- a level film studies

If you really don't want to do further maths, then I would definitely say that you should avoid it. Out of interest, why are you doing film studies? If you want to study economics at a top uni, I would consider taking a humanity subject or a science.
shypanda009
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Doing film studies when you want to study economics at university is rather confusing to me. Instead of focusing purely on the mathematical side of economics, would you consider a humanity subject such as history, geography or politics to complement economics further? Or if film studies is more of a hobby then could it be your fourth more fun / side option?
yeah, film studies is more or less a hobby and i want to pursue it as an a level too, i'm not very good with humanities and the career advisor said it's good to have at least one creative subject (i go to a peforming arts school)
shypanda009
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keir Starmer)
would a humanities or a science subject be compulsory? i'm bad and don't like either of them
username4406810
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
would a humanities or a science subject be compulsory? i'm bad and don't like either of them
It would not be compulsory, however, it would help your application; because doing more 'rigorous' subjects demonstrates your academic ability a bit more. Are there any GCSE subjects that you do well in currently?
shypanda009
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keir Starmer)
It would not be compulsory, however, it would help your application; because doing more 'rigorous' subjects demonstrates your academic ability a bit more. Are there any GCSE subjects that you do well in currently?
i'm doing really well in business, maths, french, english
but for french and english i would hate taking it as an a level
yes i get well in it, but honestly it's really tiring lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads