Water4000x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I am contemplating applying for an accounting & finance degree as dealing with numbers is something I fairly enjoy and I’m reasonably good with maths. However could this degree also lead me down a different avenue of employment or career in general. I heard that a degree shows an ability to learn? And was wondering whether this is true. Thanks in advance.
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Water4000x)
Hi I am contemplating applying for an accounting & finance degree as dealing with numbers is something I fairly enjoy and I’m reasonably good with maths. However could this degree also lead me down a different avenue of employment or career in general. I heard that a degree shows an ability to learn? And was wondering whether this is true. Thanks in advance.
Hi Water4000x,

With any degree there is the opportunity to end up in a completely different field from the one you trained in. I am aware that some employers will ask for a certain score from a degree in any subject. I believe both the Police and the Military do not request a specific degree for most of their degree holder positions. However there are also a lot of careers which are directly beneficial to your degree or where your degree may come in useful- I have linked these here.

I have also linked the range of Accounting degrees which we offer at the University of Hull here.

If you have any questions then please @ us and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Take care,
Millie
Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.13%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.24%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.84%

Watched Threads