CV and Grades (application for university)

Watch
Franco28
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For my CV which it’s sent to the universities, should I add my GCSE Grades (and the name of the school) and my A Level Grades (and the name of the sixth form)?. Or should i just add the names of the schools? Or not mention it at all? Because it suggested me to have an education section in the CV
laura/m
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should add all of the qualifications that you have achieved, including the name of the school and/or sixth form, if it is separate to your school.
Hope this helps.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Franco28)
For my CV which it’s sent to the universities, should I add my GCSE Grades (and the name of the school) and my A Level Grades (and the name of the sixth form)?. Or should i just add the names of the schools? Or not mention it at all? Because it suggested me to have an education section in the CV
I wasn't aware that you needed a CV for a University application - or is this for a Postgrad course?

The first section of your CV should read like this (your details of course)

Education

2018-20 Somewhere High School, Town
[tab] A level Subject (X), Subject (X), Subject (X), AS level (X)
2013-18 Elsewhere High School, Town
[tab] 10 GCSEs, grades A*-C, including English and Maths
Franco28
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
I wasn't aware that you needed a CV for a University application - or is this for a Postgrad course?

The first section of your CV should read like this (your details of course)

Education

2018-20 Somewhere High School, Town
[tab] A level Subject (X), Subject (X), Subject (X), AS level (X)
2013-18 Elsewhere High School, Town
[tab] 10 GCSEs, grades A*-C, including English and Maths
Yes, like is not CV the mist important thing for when applying to uni?? It shows your how experienced you are
threeportdrift
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, like is not CV the mist important thing for when applying to uni?? It shows your how experienced you are
In the UK you apply for undergrad degrees through a process called UCAS. It doesn't require a CV.

For Postgraduate degrees you apply through the individual university process, which is almost always an online form, and it rarely requires a CV.
Franco28
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
In the UK you apply for undergrad degrees through a process called UCAS. It doesn't require a CV.

For Postgraduate degrees you apply through the individual university process, which is almost always an online form, and it rarely requires a CV.
Ohhhh okay, and its UCAS gonna ask me for like my awards and work experience then? I understand now. Thank you
threeportdrift
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ohhhh okay, and its UCAS gonna ask me for like my awards and work experience then? I understand now. Thank you
Google UCAS, there's tonnes of support and advice on how to complete the form on there. Then there are UCAS specific forums here on TSR.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (629)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed