The Student Room Group

what is my bra size?

If my band size is 30 inches and my bust size is 34 inches, what is my bra size?
im 18 btw.

there are different websites telling me different things so im confused.
thank youuu
Original post by Anonymous
If my band size is 30 inches and my bust size is 34 inches, what is my bra size?
im 18 btw.

there are different websites telling me different things so im confused.
thank youuu

You'll get a different size every time because it seems that, like clothing, companies make bras all slightly different sizes. Pick one and try it. See how it fits and go from there. It'll probably be a bit of trial and error.
If you go to somewhere like Debenhams, they'll do a proper measurement for you and give you your correct bra size.
34A. Its very simple
Reply 4
Original post by Apachecow
34A. Its very simple

how did u calculate it bc one website calculated it as 30D and the other 34A
Measure chest in inches to nearest whole number. Add 4 if an even number and 5 if odd. Your band size is 34

Measure over boobs. If number the same (as in this case) then A. If +1 B, +2 C etc

Like all clothes different brands fit differently. Have you heard of sister sizes? Because your bra size is a ratio you may find a 32B or a 36AA fits you better. The cup volume is the same.

As you are anon - what bra size are you currently wearing?
Reply 6
that would be a 30d. Most support should come from the band so it should be a snug fit and there should be no space between your chest and the gore. However if you're not used to a very tight band you might want to try a 32c. Do not add 4 inches to the band, because then it won't give enough support and oftentimes the cups need to be smaller if you get a band too big to compensate. It won't support the breasts that way. So you might want to try a 30d, or 32c. Do keep in mind that gapping can occur even when wearing the correct size, because everyone needs a different shape. Try to determine what shape you need; projected/shallow, narrow/wide, high cups(usually for people full on top)/low cups(usually for people full on bottom). Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest