A Level Philosophy & Ethics Essay writing advic

Watch
RonnyG
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello, I got an essay on Aristotle The Four Causes (30) next week and I was wondering if I can get some tips please on essay writing!
Thank you.

DiamondArtist
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I would say do intro about Aristotle, why he thought of the four causes and make a reference to his book I think Physics and Metaphysics. For my exam over a year ago now the 30 markers were opinion questions so maybe this wouldn’t apply as much but this is what I would write afterwards. I would write 2 paragraphs on each, including an example where possible, explaining what he meant and what this means. I would also try and include a quote for each cause. Then do an overall conclusion.

P - Point - what are you writing about (one of the four causes)
E - Explanation - what does your point mean
E - Example - actual and a quote
L - Link - try and link it to the next point
RonnyG
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Thank you so much! We also have to give a criticism in our structure so I’ll have to include a weakness in each paragraph I do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (115)
40.35%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (31)
10.88%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (22)
7.72%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (65)
22.81%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
11.58%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.67%

Watched Threads