Do you have to write another personal statement for liberal arts at KCL?

Watch
ginnynyz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm considering applying to KCL's liberal arts course (I have 2 spots left on UCAS), but I've already submitted a personal statement in time for the Oxbridge deadline and that personal statement focuses on philosophy and linguistics, so I didn't write my statement with liberal arts/interdisciplinary studies in mind.

KCL's website didn't say anything about whether they will look at the personal statements of lib art applicants (in contrast, UCL explicitly said that they wont look at personal statements for BASc applicants because they know its hard to discuss lib arts while applying for other more specific courses). they also didn't say if we would have to write another personal statement in the case our personal statement doesn't cater to liberal arts much.

thus, I was wondering whether it is possible to receive an offer even if your personal statement doesn't directly cater to liberal arts. If not, will they ask us to write an extra personal statement to make up for it or will they simply reject our application?
Last edited by ginnynyz; 11 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads