The Student Room Group

John Lewis job interview

I have a John Lewis 1:1 job interview tomorrow any tips ? I also had a job interview with Waitrose on Tuesday but still haven’t heard back ugh
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Optimism67
I have a John Lewis 1:1 job interview tomorrow any tips ? I also had a job interview with Waitrose on Tuesday but still haven’t heard back ugh
Yes

Sometimes we have to wait because of Covid. My housemate go for John Lewis interview in Central London ( i dont know where ) and wait almost 2 weeks and then he got the job. Good luck anyway!
Yes

Hi!
I’ve never been interviewed with John Lewis, but I’ve been to quite a few interviews with other retailers.
I would say to make sure you always have an answer prepared for:
- why do you want to work for us?
- what can you bring to the team?
- what are your weaknesses?
Those are the most common questions that I have been asked in interviews. Also, always have a question ready to ask the interviewer. It doesn’t have to be something like “why did you decide to work for the company?” (I always find it weird to ask that, but many people say that it shows enthusiasm), rather, it can be “when will I hear back?” Or “what training do you provide?” Just anything that shows you want the job and are eager to start! :smile:
I also have an interview coming up and i was wondering, since you have just had yours, what would be good to wear to their interview (suit and tie or something formal but not a suit) and what did the assessment consist of?
Reply 4
Original post by Allias Cody
I also have an interview coming up and i was wondering, since you have just had yours, what would be good to wear to their interview (suit and tie or something formal but not a suit) and what did the assessment consist of?

I wore smart trousers and a top with a fitted jacket ( it was a group interview - I didn’t know it was going to be so be prepared for that) the other candidates wore, a suit jacket and a skirt, and the male wore a shirt tucked into fitted trousers with a tie x
I wore smart trousers and a top with a fitted jacket ( it was a group interview - I didn’t know it was going to be so be prepared for that) the other candidates wore, a suit jacket and a skirt, and the male wore a shirt tucked into fitted trousers with a tie x

What was the interview in the group setting, I have mine soon and I’m not sure what to expect or what I’ll be doing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending