Stb1750
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Do SAAS pay tuition fees for Postgraduate courses?

I want to study a MSc in a few years time after my undergrad studies. The various courses of interest I am looking at are around £10,000 tuition fees.

Will SAAS cover all or partially cover the costs?

What are the eligibility requirements for postgraduate funding with SAAS?

Is the 4 (+1) still taken in to consideration? As by the end of my undergrad careers I would have used up all my 4 years plus my false start year because I never passed my HNC at the first attempt.

Thanks in advance!
username3918442
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Stb1750)
Do SAAS pay tuition fees for Postgraduate courses?

I want to study a MSc in a few years time after my undergrad studies. The various courses of interest I am looking at are around £10,000 tuition fees.

Will SAAS cover all or partially cover the costs?

What are the eligibility requirements for postgraduate funding with SAAS?

Is the 4 (+1) still taken in to consideration? As by the end of my undergrad careers I would have used up all my 4 years plus my false start year because I never passed my HNC at the first attempt.

Thanks in advance!
Hey !
I used SAAS last year to fund my postgraduate Msc at the University of Edinburgh.
I am a European national, and I previously used SAAS to fund my undergraduate degree ( 4 years).
My course tuition fee was also roughly £10,000. Half of it was covered by SAAS, part of it was paid as a deposit when I accepted my offer (so be ready with some savings if you have to pay something in advance when you accept the offer), and the rest I could pay in instalments throughout the year.

With SAAS, I was eligible to:
- Tuition fee loan: this was £5,000 paid directly to the University towards tuition fees.
- Living Costs Loan: a monthly loan, totalling £5,500, paid in instalments into my bank account (provided via SAAS by Student Loan Company).

A key part of eligibility criteria was being resident in Scotland. I think the 4 + 1 works when you're doing a Msc that starts as an undegraduate but lasts 5 years and includes a year of Master, rather than enrolling separately in a Msc, but I might be wrong on this!
ENUOfficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi! SAAS currently fund up to £5500 as a tuition fee loan for postgraduate study (full time). It has the same terms as other undergraduate loans in terms of repayments. You can receive the postgraduate loan as long as you haven't received funding for studying at postgraduate level before. Much more info is available on the SAAS website here: https://www.saas.gov.uk/full-time/po...ng-information

You can also receive a living cost loan (£4500) if you're studying full time.

Good luck with your applications!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.58%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (76)
28.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.54%

Watched Threads