The Student Room Group

english language gcse

I've got my English language retake in 2 weeks i am hoping to get at least a grade 7 i believe i am working at a grade 6 at the moment do you guys think i could get a 7.Please let me know of any good youtubers i could watch for english language prep (in year 11 now )
Original post by AishaA11
I've got my English language retake in 2 weeks i am hoping to get at least a grade 7 i believe i am working at a grade 6 at the moment do you guys think i could get a 7.Please let me know of any good youtubers i could watch for english language prep (in year 11 now )

I'd highly recommend Mr Bruff (his vids are really good) and Stacey Reay (don't know if she has anything on language but if she does it will be good).
If you're working hard and follow the advice in videos as well as practice questions I'm sure you'll do good!
Good Luck! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Mr Bruff is great!! He goes through each of the different questions and papers.

Remember to learn the appropriate timings for each question/section so you have enough time to answer each one and not spend too much time on a certain question. Practice writing with the time limits too so you are used to it when it comes to the exam.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Med2512
Mr Bruff is great!! He goes through each of the different questions and papers.

Remember to learn the appropriate timings for each question/section so you have enough time to answer each one and not spend too much time on a certain question. Practice writing with the time limits too so you are used to it when it comes to the exam.

Good luck! :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by carxlinefxrbes_
I'd highly recommend Mr Bruff (his vids are really good) and Stacey Reay (don't know if she has anything on language but if she does it will be good).
If your working hard and follow the advice in videos as well as practice questions I'm sure you'll do good!
Good Luck! :smile:

Thank you
Mr Salles on YouTube is also great for targeting grades 7,8,9 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest