The Student Room Group

how to deal with mean flatmates

So my uni flat is quite big and I get on with most of them pretty well, but there's these two girls and guy who act like straight up mean immature bullies stuck in year 9. They're so mean to some of my other flatmates for really stupid and small reasons and talk behind everyones back. They also invite their friends over (against covid rules btw!!!!) and make the common kitchen their domain. Being stuck in isolation made me loose my patience and snap back at one of them i was a bit drunk and its wasn't that deep but now these girls laugh whenever i enter the kitchen and ignore me. i'm so sick of them. It doesn't help i'm overwhelmed by my course and homesick. i wanna fight them so bad plz tell me how to control my anger so i don't throttle them.
Ignore them. If they get rude you should defend yourself so they dont mess with you again
Reply 2
Original post by zoozooboo
So my uni flat is quite big and I get on with most of them pretty well, but there's these two girls and guy who act like straight up mean immature bullies stuck in year 9. They're so mean to some of my other flatmates for really stupid and small reasons and talk behind everyones back. They also invite their friends over (against covid rules btw!!!!) and make the common kitchen their domain. Being stuck in isolation made me loose my patience and snap back at one of them i was a bit drunk and its wasn't that deep but now these girls laugh whenever i enter the kitchen and ignore me. i'm so sick of them. It doesn't help i'm overwhelmed by my course and homesick. i wanna fight them so bad plz tell me how to control my anger so i don't throttle them.

Report them to uni security if they have friends over.Obviously do it without them knowing.Try and get out and about with some of the nice ones and develop those friendships outside the flat.You others need to stick together I am sure you are not the only one sick of them.

Quick Reply

Latest