hihihihihuhh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
hi, i’m in year 11, about to do mocks in December and this is around the time we’re meant to sign up for a levels and stuff. I really enjoy bio and computer science, and i haven’t chosen a definite route yet, but im leaning towards either medicine or something in IT, i don’t know. I’ve chosen biology, chemistry, computer science but i’m confused on weather to choose maths or physics. i hate them both a lot, hate maths more- i don’t know which one would be harder to get good on as i’m not very good at either of them but if i were to try very hard i could maybe get a 6 or a 7 tops. i’ve chosen these so i could have 2 potential careers, incase one goes wrong. i read online for medicine would be all sciences except with physics or maths would be good, and for computer science anything with maths i think? i’m so confused everyone’s almost chosen.
Last edited by hihihihihuhh; 10 months ago
sreddy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
for medicine as long as u have bio n chem the third DOES NOT MATTER. it’s a bad idea to take physics without alevel maths as its based on hard maths, so if u had to pick out of those two go for maths. but if u hate them both just do 3 alevels, its all u need
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If you have to start with 4, I'd say pick bio, chem, comp sci and maths, and then if the maths really is as bad as you expect you can drop it early on, and at least have the basics there to help with your other subjects
hihihihihuhh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
so do you think chem bio and computer science would be good? or with maths. because computer is good do to with maths i believe. thank you v much for the reply btw (:
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by hihihihihuhh)
so do you think chem bio and computer science would be good? or with maths. because computer is good do to with maths i believe. thank you v much for the reply btw (:
I think it sounds like a fun mix, I'd just check the entry requirements for computer science at the sort of unis you'd be interested in to see if they require maths - better to find out now than when you're applying and realise you have the wrong subjects for your favourite uni!
sreddy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by hihihihihuhh)
yeah, if ur not sure between comp sci and medicine thats a v good combination. maths is good for computer science but if u dont like it dont put urself through it just to get a bad grade, its far better to do 3 and get good grades! but physics without maths is HELL
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'd go for maths out of the 2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads