Laptop for uni

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do I need the newest 4500u laptop or can I just go with 3500u for word processing and chrome usage. Or will the 3500u limit me.
username5383500
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
The 3500U is a perfectly adequate CPU. Unless you're doing anything intensive, you won't notice a huge difference today between the 3500U and 4500U. However the 4500U being a better CPU means it's got better longevity.

Of course we don't just buy CPUs by themselves, and it depends heavily on other factors. If the 2 laptops are similarly priced and otherwise identical, the 4500U laptop makes more sense. If the 3500U laptop is otherwise identical but substantially cheaper it may be better value for money. And if the exact specs don't match, who knows.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by AcseI)
The 3500U is a perfectly adequate CPU. Unless you're doing anything intensive, you won't notice a huge difference today between the 3500U and 4500U. However the 4500U being a better CPU means it's got better longevity.

Of course we don't just buy CPUs by themselves, and it depends heavily on other factors. If the 2 laptops are similarly priced and otherwise identical, the 4500U laptop makes more sense. If the 3500U laptop is otherwise identical but substantially cheaper it may be better value for money. And if the exact specs don't match, who knows.
It's between the Asus viobook on argos or a huawei laptop which is a lot better with better CPU and has fingerprint but the only thing is the webcam is in the keyboard and I don't know if I would be required to turn it on for live lectures when I start uni.
username5383500
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's between the Asus viobook on argos or a huawei laptop which is a lot better with better CPU and has fingerprint but the only thing is the webcam is in the keyboard and I don't know if I would be required to turn it on for live lectures when I start uni.
Can't say for sure without seeing both laptops. If they're identical besides CPU, get the better CPU. Pretty sure the Huawei webcam in keyboard has come up recently, there's no issue with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads