Does anyone miss a particular school year?

Watch
Bvbfan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was in year 13 when the coronavirus first hit and so my last year of school was cut short by a few months. Now that ive finished I have really been reflecting on my whole school life which I never had time to do until now. I enjoyed year 11, but didnt enjoy sixth form nearly as much. As im looking back now at year 11, I think this is gonna be the time of my life that I look back at as the good 'ol days. In year 11, the year was rearranged as people were doing gcses and luckily my classes were full of people I really got on with, and in gcses you kind of dont realise how much easier they are than a levels. And when i look back at gcses, its kind of funny how little revision is required to do well. The classes were all enjoyable as there were quite a few jokers in the class. But at gcse having a bit of disruption in lessons really isnt that big a deal due to the small workload required compared to A levels. to be honest this is what made it so much fun. I also did some subjects at gcse which i really enjoyed, french for example was one of my favourite subjects. at a levels i did biology physics chemistry and maths. and for all of these i had small classes and the teachers werent so great, especially maths. At gcse, the triple science lessons were probably the most fun because we had all the jokers in these classes. the same goes for maths, and for maths we had a really great teacher as well. I ended up doing well in my gcses and i really enjoyed the school year. Furthermore, loads of my close friends left after year 11 to do apprenticeships or college or go somewhere else for sixth form. In year 12 i was hanging around with people i really didnt get on with, and looking back now it was a pretty toxic environment. In year 11 i had 3 best friends and about 4 good friends who i really got on with. 1 of my 3 best friends moved to a different country after year 11 and each of the 4 good friends also left meaning just 2 of my close friends stayed on till sixth form. I know thise might sounds a bit silly, but when i was in year 11 infinity war came out and we were all so hyped for it, and constantly talking about it, its just things like that that make me miss year 11 and the people i was with. another thing was the ksi logan paul fight, in year 11 we were all really hyped about that fight and we couldnt wait for it to happen. Also, the beast from the east in march 2018 when it snowed was awesome. I dont know why but it just feels like in year 11 and 2018 in general was just an awesome year, everything seemed to go right if you get me? Probably the high point of my life was on gcse results day when me and all of my friends got really good results, we went out to celebrate my going to the cinema, going bowling and playing some pool. I remember that day, I won every game of pool I played and won both games of bowling, it really was probably the best day of my life. I remember it so well but it makes me sad to think it was already over 2 years ago and soon it will be 3 years ago, then 4 years ago, then 7 years ago. It almost scares me to think how such an enjoyable part of my life can just be forgotten in time. I distinctly remember at the end of year 11 in one of my final physics lessons I was laughing my head off at something that happened and i remember just sort of zoning out and temporarily detaching from the situation and i just thought "enjoy this, one day you will look back on these days as the best days of your youth" ahhhh I wish i could go back to year 11. Does anyone else have a year of school that they wish they could go back to?

p.s sorry if this was boring to read, whenever i post on tsr its always more of a string of consciousness than a structured post.
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
that was pretty cute yet sad to read tbh
hajima
Badges: 18
Report 1 week ago
TL;DR but yeah, year 10, didn't have to do a load of subjects I don't care about and the workload was light.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, my favourite school year was year 11 and my favourite thing about that was leaving school in July and never going back.
enzymeeaters
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
No, my favourite school year was year 11 and my favourite thing about that was leaving school in July and never going back.
same man. none of my close friends went to the same college , and even those that did arent even in any of my classes so drifted away ugh
yeetouttawindow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
primary school was pretty cool
maybe year 5
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Probably Year 9 or Year 11 because although I hated school on the whole, those two years hold some decent nostalgic and comedic memories.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (178)
14.46%
I'm not sure (57)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (362)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.84%
I'm not a current university student (599)
48.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed