Question/s about potential lying about age to date someone

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm not actually planning to do this it was more of a curiosity.

Women often claim they are younger than they are especially when older and people often think I am much younger than I am (and some people correctly guess)

I have been chatted up in past by much younger women as they assume I am younger, it makes me think if they knew my genuine age would they even be interested?

Just as lets say I meet someone 3-5 years older than me who won't even think about dating a younger guy, but are attracted to me but would instantly turn me down if they knew I was younger what would happen if I went along with it?

Theres similarities with both for me, both mean someone is attracted to me because they assume my age and for both if they find out real age they may instantly reject me.

I was just thinking whats peoples genuine thoughts on this? (thats first question)

And what would people do if the person they were attracted to was younger/older than they first thought?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Well I mean if they lie about their age then u should leave because if they lie in the beginning that’s a huge red flag to me and they will lie to u again.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I say usually it’s guys trying to get with girls 10 years younger than themselves, so knocking a few years off. It probably doesn’t matter if it’s just flirting and messing around but lying isn’t a good basis for the start of a relationship. At some point you have to own up and it will seem pretty disreputable however you package it.
TND
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Age is a state of mind. Someone age 18 can be as mature as a 40 yr old. Boys tend to mature much much slower.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.32%
I'm not sure (59)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (371)
29.35%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.93%
I'm not a current university student (616)
48.73%

Watched Threads