Yuujinn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello
I'm a Korean living in Seoul.
I studying HND *High National Diploma* course and my grade is D that is the most highest.
So i can do apply and get the conditional offer from the 3 uni(Exter, Sheffield and Surrey)

My major is Business Management.

The condition to apply is :
Exter Uni -> D and second year
Sheffiled Uni -> M and second year
Surrey Uni -> D and thrid year

Which Uni is the most popular in UK people and what course is the best condition in Business Management?

(I'm an international students so i have to consider the tuition and living expenses.)

Do you have any advice?
Anonymous150
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1. Exeter
2. Sheffield
3. Surrey
Film
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1.Exeter
2.Sheffield
3. Surrey
Anonymous150
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What would you say is better, Newcastle business school or Sheffield Business school for business management undergrad
Yuujinn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous150)
1. Exeter
2. Sheffield
3. Surrey
Your advice is that the best choice is Exter uni ...! Thank you
Yuujinn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Film)
1.Exeter
2.Sheffield
3. Surrey
Wow! Exeter!! Thank you for your advice
Yuujinn
Rep:
?
What would you say is better, Newcastle business school or Sheffield Business school for business management undergrad
Newcastle or Sheffield business school! Why do you think that not the Exeter? because other people upon it said Exeter!
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yuujinn)
Hello
I'm a Korean living in Seoul.
I studying HND *High National Diploma* course and my grade is D that is the most highest.
So i can do apply and get the conditional offer from the 3 uni(Exter, Sheffield and Surrey)

My major is Business Management.

The condition to apply is :
Exter Uni -> D and second year
Sheffiled Uni -> M and second year
Surrey Uni -> D and thrid year

Which Uni is the most popular in UK people and what course is the best condition in Business Management?

(I'm an international students so i have to consider the tuition and living expenses.)

Do you have any advice?
Hi!

Current Uni of Sheffield student here! Glad to here you are considering studying Business at Sheffield I thought I would drop in and give you a little bit of an insight to Sheffield Uni from a student perspective! Sheffield is a great city to be in as a student, the city is well adapted to the large student population meaning there is so much to do to keep you entertained, whether you like to shop, go on walks or nights out! Sheffield is the greenest city in the UK meaning it has some lovely parks to walk in, some of these are very local to the university and others are further out for a bit more of an adventure, I personally love having all the green space to relax and go for walks and even picnics with friends in the summer months! Sheffield's student union is number 1 in the UK and has been for multiple years now, it has so much on offer to students from events to societies and making sure our opinions are heard. Sheffield is also a Russell group university in the UK meaning it is research focused which makes it a great institution to study. I would recommend using some uni comparisons tools to help with your decisions, I like to use Unistats. It helps you compare each aspect of the course and the university. It's really important to consider student satisfaction when choosing a university, you can find this on unistats for your specfic course at each uni you are considering. This was one of my main determining factors for uni, as you are spending 3+ years there you want to make sure you are happy and will enjoy the course so this helps get an idea of how other students have found it. I would also recommend looking at the academic rankings on Unistats too to help with your decision and combine both factors to help make a decision. I have linked unistats site here , turns out unistats has been replaced my a new site called 'Discoveruni' but it has the same concept. Hope this helps you out, if you have anymore questions about Sheffield feel free to ask

Best of luck,

Alisha
2nd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics
Anonymous150
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Newcastle or Sheffield business school! Why do you think that not the Exeter? because other people upon it said Exeter!
I was asking for myself. Exeter and sheffield both are very good. In some ranking tables sheffield is higher and in some Exeter is higher. However, I wont be able to apply to Exeter as I am predicted ABB and will therefore, not meet their entry requirements. The 5 unis im applying to however are,
1. Durham
2. Sheffield
3.Sheffield
4. Newcastle
5. Leeds
in no particular order.
Yuujinn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by University of Sheffield Students)
Hi!

Current Uni of Sheffield student here! Glad to here you are considering studying Business at Sheffield I thought I would drop in and give you a little bit of an insight to Sheffield Uni from a student perspective! Sheffield is a great city to be in as a student, the city is well adapted to the large student population meaning there is so much to do to keep you entertained, whether you like to shop, go on walks or nights out! Sheffield is the greenest city in the UK meaning it has some lovely parks to walk in, some of these are very local to the university and others are further out for a bit more of an adventure, I personally love having all the green space to relax and go for walks and even picnics with friends in the summer months! Sheffield's student union is number 1 in the UK and has been for multiple years now, it has so much on offer to students from events to societies and making sure our opinions are heard. Sheffield is also a Russell group university in the UK meaning it is research focused which makes it a great institution to study. I would recommend using some uni comparisons tools to help with your decisions, I like to use Unistats. It helps you compare each aspect of the course and the university. It's really important to consider student satisfaction when choosing a university, you can find this on unistats for your specfic course at each uni you are considering. This was one of my main determining factors for uni, as you are spending 3+ years there you want to make sure you are happy and will enjoy the course so this helps get an idea of how other students have found it. I would also recommend looking at the academic rankings on Unistats too to help with your decision and combine both factors to help make a decision. I have linked unistats site here , turns out unistats has been replaced my a new site called 'Discoveruni' but it has the same concept. Hope this helps you out, if you have anymore questions about Sheffield feel free to ask

Best of luck,

Alisha
2nd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics

Hi Alisha, I'm glad to meet you. Your answer has become very helpful to me cause it's real. Hopefully, I wish we could meet in Sheffield uni.
I want to meet a student with business management then I need to hear about real studying about the major. Could you link me Sheffield uni communication or connected sites? Ahh, Luckily, this month I expect that I could connect with the Sheffield admission team through a video call.
Yuujinn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I was asking for myself. Exeter and sheffield both are very good. In some ranking tables sheffield is higher and in some Exeter is higher. However, I wont be able to apply to Exeter as I am predicted ABB and will therefore, not meet their entry requirements. The 5 unis im applying to however are,
1. Durham
2. Sheffield
3.Sheffield
4. Newcastle
5. Leeds
in no particular order.
I see I'll keep in mind.
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi Alisha, I'm glad to meet you. Your answer has become very helpful to me cause it's real. Hopefully, I wish we could meet in Sheffield uni.
I want to meet a student with business management then I need to hear about real studying about the major. Could you link me Sheffield uni communication or connected sites? Ahh, Luckily, this month I expect that I could connect with the Sheffield admission team through a video call.
Hi Yuujinn!

So glad to hear I have helped you out I would recommend having a look at two online chat forums, 'The Access Plaform' and 'Unibuddy', on here you can filter for Sheffield University and the course you are interested in and find current students that are studying the course ! You can then send them a message and find out more about their experience of the course, it is a bit like Facebook Messenger but for Uni !

Unibuddy is linked here

I cannot seem to find the link for The Access Platform at the moment, but would recommend using Unibuddy!

Please feel free to message if you have anymore questions

Alisha
2nd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics
Tashax2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
1. Durham
2. Sheffield
3.Sheffield
4. Newcastle
5. Leeds
in no particular order.
Are you applying to Leeds for the business management course ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
27.91%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.02%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.82%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
30.06%

Watched Threads