applying to the University of Amsterdam for the psychology program 2021

Watch
leila111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
hey is anybody applying for the psychology program starting 01.09.2021 at the University of Amsterdam? If yes how are you guys writing the CV for the application, because I'm quite confused and I don't know if I'm supposed to write it like I would for a job application? Also, how are you guys feeling about the selection procedure
Catsarepurrfect
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! I am currently considering applying to Amstterdam as well. But i am not sure yet, as Amsterdam is fairly expensive city. What made you choose Amsterdam over, say for example Groningen? (Groningen is my first pick, currently) I feel like the selection procedure is quite easy. About the CV i am also not sure, but they are having Meet and Ask on 3 November, so i am sure you can ask there
leila111
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Catsarepurrfect)
Hi! I am currently considering applying to Amstterdam as well. But i am not sure yet, as Amsterdam is fairly expensive city. What made you choose Amsterdam over, say for example Groningen? (Groningen is my first pick, currently) I feel like the selection procedure is quite easy. About the CV i am also not sure, but they are having Meet and Ask on 3 November, so i am sure you can ask there
I chose the University of Amsterdam as I like how in the second part of the second year you get to chose a major and specialize. I need to specialize in clinical psychology as it is needed if you want to become a therapist in Germany. At Groningen, the first two years are the same for everyone and I think during the last year you can compose your own courses which still is not specialization, but more so preparation for a master's program. Also, I already sent in my CV, but I think it's fine as from what I have heard the CV isn't relevant for the selection.
Catsarepurrfect
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by leila111)
I chose the University of Amsterdam as I like how in the second part of the second year you get to chose a major and specialize. I need to specialize in clinical psychology as it is needed if you want to become a therapist in Germany. At Groningen, the first two years are the same for everyone and I think during the last year you can compose your own courses which still is not specialization, but more so preparation for a master's program. Also, I already sent in my CV, but I think it's fine as from what I have heard the CV isn't relevant for the selection.
Makes sense i don't want to be a therapist, so things like that didn't even occur to me! I also like the specialization that amsterdam offers, so in the end i decided to apply to both of them with groningen being current favourite, but we will see if that changes after the online open weeks of these universities... I prepared set of questions for them to help me decide
I haven't send my application yet, as i don't have the necessary documents.
ehj5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hi! I'm also going to be applying for psychology there, and although I haven't started the CV yet, i saw on another Dutch university website that you can write it in a Europass format. So i think if you look that up it'll give you some guidance
natibw12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Gronigens selection procedure in terms of the numerous fixus test seemed like there was way too much study material, couldn't be bothered tbh
natibw12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hey is anybody applying for the psychology program starting 01.09.2021 at the University of Amsterdam? If yes how are you guys writing the CV for the application, because I'm quite confused and I don't know if I'm supposed to write it like I would for a job application? Also, how are you guys feeling about the selection procedure
really worried for the selection procedure in terms of the tests, hopefully I get in
leila111
Rep:
?
(Original post by natibw12)
really worried for the selection procedure in terms of the tests, hopefully I get in
me too! really hope i get in
leila111
Rep:
?
(Original post by ehj5)
hi! I'm also going to be applying for psychology there, and although I haven't started the CV yet, i saw on another Dutch university website that you can write it in a Europass format. So i think if you look that up it'll give you some guidance
On the uva site, I found a page where there is an example of a CV someone has written to get a job at so I just used that format
roshnijesrani
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hi i'm applying for the same course and I'm confused about the whole cv thing, is it the same thing as a motivation letter? if not do they ask for a motivation letter as it's not on the application form

me too! really hope i get in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (292)
56.05%
I don't have everything I need (229)
43.95%

Watched Threads