Not allowed to go out with mate in his car

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We went out in his last car a few months ago but I didn’t tell her and just went. Then I came back and my mum started going at me saying don’t go with him again because he’s not a safe driver and has autism. She hasn’t even seen my friends driving and he’s got adhd not autisim and if he’s passed his test he’s proven that he’s a safe driver. My parents know his parents so that’s why she knows he’s got adhd. I just went for a spin with him because I hadn’t seen his first car and hadn’t seen him since we left school. He’s bought a new car a few months ago and I wantEd to go out with him in it since he got it but my siblings told my mum that he’s got a high powered car and they were exaggerating it so now my mum won’t let me go out with him now. It’s just stupid and frustrating they can’t just assume he’s a dangerous driver because he’s got adhd, he’s passed his test and also it’s for me to judge what kind of driver it is. I should be allowed to go in his car if I want
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How old are you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
How old are you?
I’m 19 years old
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whilst I understand your frustration there's not much you can do apart from give your mum more time to come around to the idea. Those with driving experience know how dangerous the roads are so she's bound to only be looking out for your safety. Passing the test doesn't necessarily mean you're a safe driver anyway, it just means you can drive to test standards.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 month ago
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
With coronavirus, you shouldn't be going out with someone for a random drive anyway.

If you ignore this, you should both be wearing masks, you should sit in the back behind the passenger seat and there should be windows open.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads