chill pill
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
One of my teachers have said that she will only predict a B and I need an A to apply to my unis of choice. Since the lockdown and during the summer I have been getting As on my papers and if I keep up the consistency until before Xmas I pray to god that she will change it for me as there will be no point in applying as the predicted grade will not be good enough. Advice please
litstudent30
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're just one grade below the offer then you'll probably still get a conditional (depending on personal statement/references etc.). I know it can be annoying but if you can pull it off in the exams, it shouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, I had CAGS, and despite getting B's in English mocks my teacher gave me a C :/
chill pill
Rep:
?
(Original post by litstudent30)
If you're just one grade below the offer then you'll probably still get a conditional (depending on personal statement/references etc.). I know it can be annoying but if you can pull it off in the exams, it shouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, I had CAGS, and despite getting B's in English mocks my teacher gave me a C :/
Yes but the courses and unis are very competitive I want to do Computer Science. I s it not just like applying for a job and you haven't got all the qualifications or skills for it and other applicants have, wouldn't the CV just be ignored and binned
Darshan!
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chill pill)
One of my teachers have said that she will only predict a B and I need an A to apply to my unis of choice. Since the lockdown and during the summer I have been getting As on my papers and if I keep up the consistency until before Xmas I pray to god that she will change it for me as there will be no point in applying as the predicted grade will not be good enough. Advice please
Can you ask school to hold of sending your ucas form till Jan, so that you can use that time to be assessed properly in that subject, which may give you a chance to show your ability in that subject and for teacher to change her mind?
MilkyWay_236
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mock papers/topic tests at school? If so, then I don't see why the teacher can't give you the A since you've clearly shown that you are capable of achieving it. :eyebrow:
Like Darshan above me has mentioned, I think you should see if that option is available. Try to make sure you get As in any more tests that are coming up in the coming months. :yep:
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
Is the B in maths or some similar subject. My pure teacher (who is head of department) said that although we have done mocks she still wants us to do another paper so she can get the full picture of where we are at. Could u ask ur teacher to do something similar
chill pill
Rep:
?
(Original post by CurryCurry2468)
Hi,
Is the B in maths or some similar subject. My pure teacher (who is head of department) said that although we have done mocks she still wants us to do another paper so she can get the full picture of where we are at. Could u ask ur teacher to do something similar
It is Physics, still hoping that by near Xmas she will up the grade
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.23%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.29%
No - I live at home during term anyway (112)
29.55%

Watched Threads