The Student Room Group

Cambridge SAQ Advice

Hi!

I've applied to Cambridge this year for English and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on whether I need a university transcript or not?

I did freshers week this year but dropped out before the course started, do I count as having had studied at university this year? I've contacted the admissions team but their response time is five working days which puts me to the day after the deadline, and I believe I need to contact the uni for the transcript?

Thank you if you can help!
@Peterhouse Admissions might be able to help you.

I'd assume not if you didn't actually start the course though.
Thanks for the tag! If you did not begin your studies, then you won't need a transcript. I would, however, make sure it's clear that you didn't study at all. You can do this in the 'anything else the applicant would like us to know' section by telling us briefly that you left after a week.
Reply 3
Hi! I know this isn't related to English but I'll just post this here in case anyone sees.

Does anybody know whether the Edexcel Maths/Further Maths A levels are linear or modular? As I am stuck on Q6 of the SAQ. Should I leave it blank if my A levels are linear?

Original post by chhese
Hi! I know this isn't related to English but I'll just post this here in case anyone sees.

Does anybody know whether the Edexcel Maths/Further Maths A levels are linear or modular? As I am stuck on Q6 of the SAQ. Should I leave it blank if my A levels are linear?

I assume you'll be doing the linear. If you're doing CP1, CP2 and then two of FS1/2, FP1/2, FM1/2, FD1/2 for the Further Maths you're doing linear.
Reply 5
Original post by Theloniouss
I assume you'll be doing the linear. If you're doing CP1, CP2 and then two of FS1/2, FP1/2, FM1/2, FD1/2 for the Further Maths you're doing linear.

Thanks for the reply! In maths I am doing Pure, stats and mechanics. In Further maths i am doing CP1, CP2, FD1, FD2. Does this mean that I leave Q6 on my SAQ blank?
Original post by chhese
Thanks for the reply! In maths I am doing Pure, stats and mechanics. In Further maths i am doing CP1, CP2, FD1, FD2. Does this mean that I leave Q6 on my SAQ blank?

If Q6 is the "If you're not doing modular A levels, ignore" question, then yes you leave it blank :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Theloniouss
If Q6 is the "If you're not doing modular A levels, ignore" question, then yes you leave it blank :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Thanks for the tag! If you did not begin your studies, then you won't need a transcript. I would, however, make sure it's clear that you didn't study at all. You can do this in the 'anything else the applicant would like us to know' section by telling us briefly that you left after a week.

Thank you for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest