Omgcobbly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So my predicted grades are good- AAA+A(epq) but I'm surrounded by friends who have really high ones, and while most of them are fine a few are just kind of rubbing it in and making me feel bad about having 'low' predicted grades like 'oh I'm so annoyed I only got predicted two A*s because no university will accept me with those predicted' etc etc and making me feel a bit stupid and unable to actually be happy about my predicted grades. I'm really happy for my friends, and happy that they got the predicted grades they did. Any advice?
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Omgcobbly)
So my predicted grades are good- AAA+A(epq) but I'm surrounded by friends who have really high ones, and while most of them are fine a few are just kind of rubbing it in and making me feel bad about having 'low' predicted grades like 'oh I'm so annoyed I only got predicted two A*s because no university will accept me with those predicted' etc etc and making me feel a bit stupid and unable to actually be happy about my predicted grades. I'm really happy for my friends, and happy that they got the predicted grades they did. Any advice?
First off, it's possible that your friends aren't intending to rub their predicted grades in your face. They probably don't realise you're feeling insecure about it, unless you've specifically mentioned that.

Second of all, do you all study the same subjects? Do you have the same teachers? Sometimes, a small variation in predicted grades (like the difference between an A and an A*) just comes down to teacher discretion or the difficulty of certain subjects.

And finally, obviously it's difficult, but it's important that you try to view your progress in school as a personal thing and not something to compare to others. Your friends would probably feel pretty bad about their grades if they were friends with a prodigy who already had a degree at 17 from Oxford, but that doesn't actually devalue their achievement at all. There will always be someone better. It's also likely that you and your friends don't have identical goals for the future. Will your predicted grades help you get where you want to go? That's all that matters!
hihihihihuhh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
idk man, maybe they just hold a high standard for themselves and they don’t mean to make you feel bad? i’m not sure. try not to let it get you too much. as long as your happy with your grades ignoring anyone else’s then that’s what matters, just try your best homie
MilkyWay_236
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Let me assure you that your predicted grades of AAAA are an amazing achievement! :yep: You should not worry about how your friends have higher predicted grades etc. Try not to compare your own achievements and academic ability with other people and just focus on your own personal goals since everyone is different, and at the end of the day all of your work is going towards your future, and their work is going towards theirs. Just concentrate on improving your abilities to get the best grades you can possibly get for yourself.

Also, I understand that it may seem like your friends are 'rubbing it in' but perhaps they just have higher standards for themselves? I am pretty sure they aren't saying things like this to purposely annoy you or put you down. If they are, don't let it bother/effect you. Maybe let them know? :dontknow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (106)
28.49%
No - I have already returned home (47)
12.63%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
19.09%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (38)
10.22%
No - I live at home during term anyway (110)
29.57%

Watched Threads