The Student Room Group

What advice would you give in this situation?

This might be a long story so bear with me.

One day I was introduced to some girls to by a mutual friend of mine let's call the guy guy a, one was blonde and the other was brunette. They were in a mixed group of both guys and girls so I got to know both the guys (I'm actually good friends with one of the other guys too let's call him guy b) and both the girls and all the group were fun but then lockdown happened and I regularly spoke to guy a and guy b from the group I met but not the girls as I wanted to spend some quality time with the family and that so then as the lockdown eased up, and uni opened up again, everyone moved back on campus and started going out again. I went on a lot of motives with guy and 2 other guys, let's call them guy c and guy d respectively. We had a great time, watching football, drinking and all sorts. One day when me and guy a went out we indirectly suggested that I should talk to some girls, so I got guy a to slide into the brunette lady's dms since I was too scared (I've got ghosted on and benched btw) to message her myself, there was a lot of flirtation going back and forth but the girl wasn't on campus yet. A week later, the brunette is on campus and there was a lot of messages sent between me and her and I actually met up with her and guy a and conversed well again switching from friend mode to flirty mode multiple time that day, and talked again this week with a few messages being sent here and there but something fishy happened over the weekend when I was chatting to my mate on snapchat about football and then I saw some fishy messages (subject was still football) but I was chatting to my mate about how Man United won on the weekend and that how Bruno Fernandes had a great game, but the reply was Ronaldo had a great game and I'm like something's fishy because guy a knows ronaldo doesn't play for man utd so I'm like what do I do? So I message guy c to know what's going on I'm getting weird messages and he was like he didn't know so I invited guy c over to my place and he tried contacting guy a but he couldn't get through to him, we then in turn contacted guy d, guy d knows a lot about guy a been friends for years where I learnt the brutal truth, guy a has a thing for the girl well not necessarily liked but wanted to get to know (even though I thought they were just exclusively friends) and that devastated me, and guy c revealed another bombshell guy a was around the girl's place a lot, and the most brutal bombshell of all, they were netflix and chilling and they banged each other. Hearing all this, I felt betrayed, Yes I get that I wasn't in a relationship with her I get that part but the guy fully introduced me to this girl even though yes when he introduced me to them guy a and the brunette lady were just friends and now they are banging hurt me, from that point I legit broke down and started crying saying why did I allow myself to get played like that, I'm too naive, I always the fallback guy and more.

Any advice would be appreciated because my situation is so brutal, I need to recover from this quickly
This is what I recommend, organise a therapy session to discuss everything. Or move on?
Paragraphs. I advise paragraphs.
I really wanted to offer advice but... I think paragraphs are needed and perhaps made up names because I lost track of the guy a/b/c/d thing. Or summarise it into short points?
I suggest changing the names to

Guy A - Barry
Guy B - Gary
Guy C - Terry
Guy D - Kerry

That will make it easier to tell who is who
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I really wanted to offer advice but... I think paragraphs are needed and perhaps made up names because I lost track of the guy a/b/c/d thing. Or summarise it into short points?

(Barry) introduced me to some girls before the lockdown happened, I didn't talk to them during lockdown, uni opened up everyone moved back to campus and started talking to the brunette only after (Barry) slid in her dms for me, I was confident enough to talk to her after that, and some points she actually messaged first but over the weekend I heard from (Kerry) and (Barry) was getting with the girl he introduced me to which was a bit of a shock as I personally thought they were only friends, if that helps
Reply 6
Original post by tinygirl96
This is what I recommend, organise a therapy session to discuss everything. Or move on?

I moved on ain't boys with Guy A anymore that was snaky
Original post by Anonymous
(Barry) introduced me to some girls before the lockdown happened, I didn't talk to them during lockdown, uni opened up everyone moved back to campus and started talking to the brunette only after (Barry) slid in her dms for me, I was confident enough to talk to her after that, and some points she actually messaged first but over the weekend I heard from (Kerry) and (Barry) was getting with the girl he introduced me to which was a bit of a shock as I personally thought they were only friends, if that helps

Yeah, that isn't a friend tbh. You wouldn't be able to trust him with anything now really. I would distance myself from him. Same with the girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending