Clingy neighbour,helppppp

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have this neighbour that approximately 7-8 years old and everytime I get out my garden to walk or do something he always shouts my name,runs towards me and hugs me or stop me from reaching my destination like blocking my way or something,and when me and my other friends hang out he always comes and tries to hold my hand or hug me again,and when my friends play Marco and polo for a joke he always tries to be my partner and it’s so annoying,when I’m just sitting on the grass he would come up to me and cuddle me like I’m his mother and ask me if I want to go somewhere with him,when i say no he gets right up in my face and says “pleaseeeeeee” in this really annoying tone.He’s a mummy’s boy too and a snitch he literally told on a dead bird and when he dosent play fair and gets confronted he would tell his mum and cry and stomp around.

He’s annoying how can I tell him to go away with out hurting his feelings?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Bump
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Oh-
blitterflicker
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The only way would be to have a talk with his mum about it and ket her have a word with him... dont know how you would manage it without offending her though.
Ne en mia nomo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have this neighbour that approximately 7-8 years old and everytime I get out my garden to walk or do something he always shouts my name,runs towards me and hugs me or stop me from reaching my destination like blocking my way or something,and when me and my other friends hang out he always comes and tries to hold my hand or hug me again,and when my friends play Marco and polo for a joke he always tries to be my partner and it’s so annoying,when I’m just sitting on the grass he would come up to me and cuddle me like I’m his mother and ask me if I want to go somewhere with him,when i say no he gets right up in my face and says “pleaseeeeeee” in this really annoying tone.He’s a mummy’s boy too and a snitch he literally told on a dead bird and when he dosent play fair and gets confronted he would tell his mum and cry and stomp around.

He’s annoying how can I tell him to go away with out hurting his feelings?
Why are you considered about his feelings? He clearly doesn't give a fork about yours. Just tell him that you've got better things to do.
blitterflicker
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ne en mia nomo)
Why are you considered about his feelings? He clearly doesn't give a fork about yours. Just tell him that you've got better things to do.
...because he's a child?
Ne en mia nomo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blitterflicker)
...because he's a child?
You can still tell him to go home because you have no time for him.
blitterflicker
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can still tell him to go home because you have no time for him.
I'm not the asker, but I'm just putting out there to remember hes a kid, they are still learning about social situations. Don't advice anything that is too direct or that will make him.feel uncomfortable
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
cough a lot in front of his mum and complain about not being able to smell, and hope she doesn't let him near you again.
Ne en mia nomo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blitterflicker)
I'm not the asker, but I'm just putting out there to remember hes a kid, they are still learning about social situations. Don't advice anything that is too direct or that will make him.feel uncomfortable
Sorry, my mistake.
The kid still has to learn that there are certain boundaries, and it's not really the OP's job to teach him. Kids usually don't take hints, so the easiest thing is just to send him home.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I think the mum doesn’t like me though, she always gives me the death stare for no reason (or it could be just me) one time the kid was showing me HIS rabbits in their hutch, He opened the hutch and after a while he left it opened.One of his rabbits jumped out and luckily it was sitting there eating plants and he was like to his mum “mummy!! Biscuit (the rabbit) jumped out” then the mum put the rabbit back in the hutch and started saying this to him “you need to close the hutch,do you understand???” And he was like “yes,” but the mum was like “no you don’t because you left it opened,” and the kid was literally like “But it was ****** !!!” (My name) and the mum gave me a death stare 😐 seriously don’t like him.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Btw Iam op just changed account.
InspiredPleb
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe I'm being silly, but I think a young kid not gone 11 should be watched by his mum constantly if he's out and about.

Anyway it's not your job to teach him things but well done for not becoming annoyed and losing your patience. Kids can be annoying at times but it's much better for them if you don't lash out while they're growing up and learning social skills.

As other people have said, talk to the mother and explain about him being clingy. If you're getting desperate, butter him up a bit and mention he's a sweet kid, but you have things to do and he's always interrupting. Assuming the mother doesn't know you too well, you could risk telling a white lie and say you have important extracurricular stuff and you keep being late for it because of the kid.

Even asking the mum herself if she can tell her kid that you 'like playing' with them, and explaining you'd like her to do this so that the kid's feelings don't get hurt would give the message to the mum you're not a bad person and you 'like' her kid, but you're too busy.
Last edited by InspiredPleb; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by InspiredPleb)
Maybe I'm being silly, but I think a young kid not gone 11 should be watched by his mum constantly if he's out and about.

Anyway it's not your job to teach him things but well done for not becoming annoyed and losing your patience. Kids can be annoying at times but it's much better for them if you don't lash out while they're growing up and learning social skills.

As other people have said, talk to the mother and explain about him being clingy. If you're getting desperate, butter him up a bit and mention he's a sweet kid, but you have things to do and he's always interrupting. Assuming the mother doesn't know you too well, you could risk telling a white lie and say you have important extracurricular stuff and you keep being late for it because of the kid.

Even asking the mum herself if she can tell her kid that you 'like playing' with them, and explaining you'd like her to do this so that the kid's feelings don't get hurt would give the message to the mum you're not a bad person and you like her kid, but you're too busy.
Yes but I don’t feel comfortable talking to his parents (if you read the post above) but okay,I’ll try my best!
Ne en mia nomo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the mum doesn’t like me though, she always gives me the death stare for no reason (or it could be just me) one time the kid was showing me HIS rabbits in their hutch, He opened the hutch and after a while he left it opened.One of his rabbits jumped out and luckily it was sitting there eating plants and he was like to his mum “mummy!! Biscuit (the rabbit) jumped out” then the mum put the rabbit back in the hutch and started saying this to him “you need to close the hutch,do you understand???” And he was like “yes,” but the mum was like “no you don’t because you left it opened,” and the kid was literally like “But it was ****** !!!” (My name) and the mum gave me a death stare 😐 seriously don’t like him.
And did you tell her that it wasn't you?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
And did you tell her that it wasn't you?
Yeah,but I don’t think she heard me,ignored me or didn’t believe me,who knows? She didn’t say anything. :dontknow:
InspiredPleb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes but I don’t feel comfortable talking to his parents (if you read the post above) but okay,I’ll try my best!
Sorry about that! Only just loaded up your past post. I agree with Ne en mia nomo , explain it wasn't you and be honest and say you're bringing it up because you felt intimidated by her. Common logic would say a random decent teenager (?) wouldn't open a rabbit hutch of all things for fun or to mess with people, especially with the hassle of dealing with a potentially angry mum. If she's reasonable she should understand. If not and she gets mad, you have even less of an obligation to continue entertaining the kid as you'll feel even more uncomfortable.
Last edited by InspiredPleb; 1 month ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by InspiredPleb)
Watched constantly at 11? Seriously? That's the 1st year of high school! And sounds like the kid is just in his back garden, not roaming the streets.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Watched constantly at 11? Seriously? That's the 1st year of high school! And sounds like the kid is just in his back garden, not roaming the streets.
The man goes into my other friends garden too.
InspiredPleb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry, might've worded it weirdly. By 'not gone 11' I meant he's not reached 11 yet (the OP says kid is 7-8), not having reached high school yet. Only at 11/12 was I allowed to go out to places. May just be me having lived a pretty sheltered life though.

Yeah, if it's just his back garden fine at pretty much any age I guess. Might've interpreted that wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads