broccoli_chan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey all, I'm an international student intending to apply to Masters in Social Work for Fall 2021. Is there anyone else who is putting their application together and preparing for the selection process?

Thought we could all come together and support each other through it.
Advertisement
sun96
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,

I have just sent off my application! How far are you in your application process?
broccoli_chan
Rep:
?
(Original post by sun96)
Hello,

I have just sent off my application! How far are you in your application process?
Still putting it all together. COVID has delayed some important documentation. Which unis did you apply to?
sun96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have applied to York, Middlesex, Londonmet, Anglia Ruskin & Royal Holloway. What about you? I noticed that Middlesex Social work postgrad is 18 months and the rest run for the full 2 years.
broccoli_chan
Rep:
?
(Original post by sun96)
I have applied to York, Middlesex, Londonmet, Anglia Ruskin & Royal Holloway. What about you? I noticed that Middlesex Social work postgrad is 18 months and the rest run for the full 2 years.
Best of luck! I'm planning to apply to Liverpool Hope, Derby, Chester and Cumbria. As an international student it's difficult to find affordable MA options and scholarship opportunities so I had to choose colleges with that in mind.
Advertisement
sun96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you! Good luck to you. Well funnily enough I noticed last night that Middlesex university run a Social Work Pgdip which still qualifies you as a social worker but just means you don’t do a dissertation at the end of the course and it costs £11,100 for international students and they offer scholarships plus it’s for 18months. For me personally the 6 months less makes a huge difference when you factor in the costs of accommodation etc whilst on the course.
maliboo99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sun96)
Hello,

Hey hi I have applied as well ! Which uni did you apply to ? And where are you from ?
Advertisement
maliboo99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by broccoli_chan)
Best of luck! I'm planning to apply to Liverpool Hope, Derby, Chester and Cumbria. As an international student it's difficult to find affordable MA options and scholarship opportunities so I had to choose colleges with that in mind.
International student here as well Applying to similar ones ! Where are you from ?
broccoli_chan
Rep:
?
(Original post by sun96)
Thank you! Good luck to you. Well funnily enough I noticed last night that Middlesex university run a Social Work Pgdip which still qualifies you as a social worker but just means you don’t do a dissertation at the end of the course and it costs £11,100 for international students and they offer scholarships plus it’s for 18months. For me personally the 6 months less makes a huge difference when you factor in the costs of accommodation etc whilst on the course.
You've been a huge help! Thank you. I hadn't considered the PgDip option until now. I might apply to Middlesex as well. Also, why does it say 14 months on the course info page?
Advertisement
broccoli_chan
Rep:
?
(Original post by sanjanawrites)
International student here as well Applying to similar ones ! Where are you from ?
Hey! Nice to meet you. I'm from Hyderabad, India. Which universities did you apply to?
sun96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is actually 14 months I made a mistake, I realised later haha but shows that you are on the ball! But that’s just better! I was speaking to a few friends of mine and someone informed me the Government announced that there will be additional funding for people undertaking healthcare courses but I’m not sure if it’s also available to international students but I do think it’s worthwhile looking.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...ment-each-year
Advertisement
maliboo99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! Nice to meet you. I'm from Hyderabad, India. Which universities did you apply to?
Oh I messaged you check your pm
maliboo99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you check your inbox ??? 🌸
Advertisement
maliboo99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You've been a huge help! Thank you. I hadn't considered the PgDip option until now. I might apply to Middlesex as well. Also, why does it say 14 months on the course info page?
Definitely , I’m applying there as well ! It’s got really good reviews and is a good university , even Chester is nice ! Which ones are you finally applying to ?
broccoli_chan
Rep:
?
(Original post by sun96)
It is actually 14 months I made a mistake, I realised later haha but shows that you are on the ball! But that’s just better! I was speaking to a few friends of mine and someone informed me the Government announced that there will be additional funding for people undertaking healthcare courses but I’m not sure if it’s also available to international students but I do think it’s worthwhile looking.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...ment-each-year
That's awesome. I don't think I'd be eligible for that though. I checked with immigration and apparently I can't switch to a skilled work visa in the future if I graduate from a Pg Diploma. So MA it is for me. Bummer haha.
broccoli_chan
Rep:
?
(Original post by sanjanawrites)
Did you check your inbox ??? 🌸
Yes!
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, my name is Alex and I am course ambassador at Middlesex.

If you have any questions about the university feel free to contact me

Best wishes,
Alex
Advertisement
sun96
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Middlesex University)
Hi, my name is Alex and I am course ambassador at Middlesex.

If you have any questions about the university feel free to contact me

Best wishes,
Alex
Hello Alex!

So glad to hear from you, I submitted my application for the university for the postgrad in social work 2021, I was just wondering how long roughly it takes for the university to get back to students.

Also will there be adaptations to the admissions process with recent Covid announcements?

Thanks!
Sumilaila
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello,
I graduated this year and I' feel Im late to applying for a MSc/MA social work degree
Am I still too late to apply for a Masters in Social Work for September 2021 ? And how do I get further information on funding for the course ?
I'm so confuse ,would mean a lot if anyone can help me out here
Latommie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sumilaila)
Hello,
I graduated this year and I' feel Im late to applying for a MSc/MA social work degree
Am I still too late to apply for a Masters in Social Work for September 2021 ? And how do I get further information on funding for the course ?
I'm so confuse ,would mean a lot if anyone can help me out here
You are not too late. Deadline for application is January 15. So I think you are still good. Information about fees and funding is usually displayed on the school's website. So it depends on you knowing the schools you want to go to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (697)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (875)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.07%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads