How to message a girl with out 5k followers?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So there is a girl I find super attractive on instagram, never met her or spoken to her. But I want to, she has about 5k followers and I don’t know how to approach a girl like this as it’s kind of intimidating and will be hard to get her attention.

Anyone got any ideas on how I should start off the conversation, she doesn’t follow me back but she doesn’t follow many people back as she only follows like 300 people.

So is it worth trying and how can I slide in?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Not worth trying because more often than not she will find you creepy just sliding into her DMs like that. And then she will just air you.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
5k is hardly celebrity status ..go for it.

if she would reject you purely because you've got no followers then you don't need clout chasers like that in your life anyway....
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Not worth trying because more often than not she will find you creepy just sliding into her DMs like that. And then she will just air you.
idk iv stopped thinking like that because we were all strangers at some point with your friends and you get to know them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ANM775)
5k is hardly celebrity status ..go for it.

if she would reject you purely because you've got no followers then you don't need clout chasers like that in your life anyway....
Yeah i’ll try it, but it’s not that I don’t have many followers. It’s more the fact she has so many.
candydiva
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
IG girl lol! Is she hott? What kind of feed? Before I dispensed with socials I posted travel stuff on IG and had ~7k followers. It's not that many. I dunno about creepy I received msgs from ppl and they weren't weird just a little thin on content sometimes.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't recommend it, most likely to be ignored or blocked.
She probably gets a lot of social media messages every month from pervs, simps, thirsty fans and a variety of nasty weirdos.
I do and I've less than 3000 instagram followers.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Get some of her friends to follow you back first so you don't look like a weirdo stranger
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't have instagram, but I have a facebook group with 40k members and tbh I ignore the vast majority of people because they message me a bunch of BS. But I appreciate the extremely rare nice message I get from people and respond to them. So I say go for it lol.
candydiva
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
I wouldn't recommend it, most likely to be ignored or blocked.
She probably gets a lot of social media messages every month from pervs, simps, thirsty fans and a variety of nasty weirdos.
I do and I've less than 3000 instagram followers.
LOL! Do they make kinky suggestions? Just curious...
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by candydiva)
LOL! Do they make kinky suggestions? Just curious...
Yes, plenty of pervy creeps wanting nudes or to share their creepiest sexual fantasies about my toy animals/me/half my female social media friends.
Don't even get me started on the d*** pic pervs or race hate spewing rotters. :puke:
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's only 5k, just message her normally.
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol her 'followers' are followers. She doesn't want a follower. She wants a real man, you're tough out of luck there as no way you can show her you are one on some sissy platform like IG.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So there is a girl I find super attractive on instagram, never met her or spoken to her. But I want to, she has about 5k followers and I don’t know how to approach a girl like this as it’s kind of intimidating and will be hard to get her attention.

Anyone got any ideas on how I should start off the conversation, she doesn’t follow me back but she doesn’t follow many people back as she only follows like 300 people.

So is it worth trying and how can I slide in?
Ok ok ok when I see a bro in need of help I will help
Ok do what you need to do is start of by saying “ amazing “ to one of her posts
Then later when you find a post that she looks kind of mad or sad on say something funny and hopefully she sees it laughs and responds
This usually works for me but then again I usually get along with everyone
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you ever actually met her? Or spoken to her?

If not, the chances of you being successful are pretty close to 0 regardless of whether she has 5000 or 500,000 followers.

It diferent on dating sites and apps, at least then you know the other person is both avaliable and looking just like you. Do you know she is single? Looking for a guy? Likes guys like you? etc.

Honestly, I get it that you find a girl hot, but its a really bad way to go about trying to find a girl to be with. I'm sure it works for some guys, but I'm also sure that the majority of them will be really desirable, attractive, have their own followings etc.
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
Have you ever actually met her? Or spoken to her?

If not, the chances of you being successful are pretty close to 0 regardless of whether she has 5000 or 500,000 followers.

It diferent on dating sites and apps, at least then you know the other person is both avaliable and looking just like you. Do you know she is single? Looking for a guy? Likes guys like you? etc.

Honestly, I get it that you find a girl hot, but its a really bad way to go about trying to find a girl to be with. I'm sure it works for some guys, but I'm also sure that the majority of them will be really desirable, attractive, have their own followings etc.
It's just an all around terrible way to go about dating anybody. Not only is it highly unlikely to happen but this girl will put up her best pictures on there for her followers. She may be completely inauthentic. Imagine going through all that effort for a woman who is probably covered in image filters and has the personality of a cabbage.
candydiva
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heyy... I had more followers than that and I didn't use filters nor do I have the personality of a cabbage big boy.... so it is not always true.

But I agree with ur main points that a) IG girls are not likely to respond/strike up a rel with a "follower" who by definition sounds like a sheep and b) it's not easy for a real man to radiate his aura on TSR coz he'd get censored lol!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads